Trying To Get Skins To Work For X Windows Dock

Hi guys

I'm new here, hoping you guys could help!

I just got x windows dock 5.6+ and i'm wondering how i can apply skins.

I downloaded some and put the folders with the skin inside them into the skins folder of x windows dock. When i went to the panel menu in the preferences of x windows dock, the skin didn't show up! Please help.

When i open the skin i want to use theres just a .smxd file, no icons or anything (hope thats not bad).

Please help guys.

thanks

like this forum so far!!! AWESOME UI

oh where can i get some of those?

try to search XWD skins that are dedicated for v5.6.. try deviantart.. or just type in google. Or if you want, try to study how to convert .smxd skins to .xwd .. (as far as i remember) there is actually a tutorial here in aqua-soft.. just search it.

In the new XWD version, go to Tools and just read the readme. From there you can convert .smxd skins to .xwd.

When i used repacker IN THE SAME FOLDER AS A .smxd file, it gives me the error:

"The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812aeb"

Can you help?

Well I tried it but it forms a .smxd file :(

Are you using the latest XWD? Version 5.6?

waiit, I'm silly. The readme says Repacker.exe - if you click on it, it will search all *.smxd files, extract them and create new format *.xwd. You should copy repacker.exe, xskinmaker5.4.exe, xskinamker into directory where you have got your old skins (*.smxd) and just double click on repacker.exe

Try that.

Are you using the latest XWD? Version 5.6?

waiit, I'm silly. The readme says Repacker.exe - if you click on it, it will search all *.smxd files, extract them and create new format *.xwd. You should copy repacker.exe, xskinmaker5.4.exe, xskinamker into directory where you have got your old skins (*.smxd) and just double click on repacker.exe

Try that.

actually i tried that first, but what it did was to form a default.xwd file of 1 KB so it didn't worked at all (I use XP SP3. By the way I have a problem about stacks. Stack doesn't run games (ex. test drive unlimited) and there is smth wrong about icon of the stack it doesn't change completely and the icons of programs are clustered in the stack icon