Border Skin - Aero Glass On Xp

I was just about to report this. I got it on avast. Hook DLL.dll is a virus. No way in hell I'm installing this until that is gone.

EDIT: I could use it if I get the old Hook DLL.dll, can someone upload that please?

Edited by yorkey
I was just about to report this. I got it on avast. Hook DLL.dll is a virus. No way in hell I'm installing this until that is gone.

EDIT: I could use it if I get the old Hook DLL.dll, can someone upload that please?

There is the older versions link in the first post, you can find in those files a previous Hook DLL.dll file. However, we don't know if they are 100% compatible, the only one who knows that is Komalo.

There is the older versions link in the first post, you can find in those files a previous Hook DLL.dll file. However, we don't know if they are 100% compatible, the only one who knows that is Komalo.

I tried the previous version, same virus there, and versions before it will probably not work so I won't even bother =/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Border Skin is back can anyone of the admins change the topic page to this

it seems that i can't edit the topic page anymore

[b]Border Skin[/b]
[img=http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x281/komalo/BorderSkin/BorderSkin.jpg]
Border Skin is a free portable software designed to bring effects to windows, is was designed first to skins the windows borders by skins composed of png images, but now it is on its way to a fully new surprise.

[b]Author[/b]
Mohamed Kamal

[b]Requirements[/b]
.Net Framework 3.5

[b]News[/b]
currently border skin is designed to be an effects program which means you can run aero snap separately without running border skinning, the settings gui is not fully updated to reflect the new program structure, but it will be updated soon after finishing the problems first, you cannot say it is stable for now but i am sure that you will have fun when trying it, and sorry for not making a screen shot this time, but i was kinda on hurry.

[b]Version[/b]

[b]Change Log[/b]
Fixed : Tray Icon appearance settings wasn't saved and applied
Fixed : Error on closing a window
Fixed : window icon is not rendered correctly with some windows
Fixed : navigation buttons are updated lately showing wrong state (disabled or enabled)
Fixed : some windows still have windows xp borders even with

Added : fade animation on buttons hover
Added : Aero Snap feature with basic look
Added : right click on window icon show windows menu
Added : Double click on window icon closes window
Added : Automatic windows Borders restore when terminating program process (like from task manager) so you can hide tray icon safely

there are many other but i just can't remember (i don't record my change log on fixing something, i better start from now on )

[b]Still Solving[/b]
Maximize Problem
title is transparent on mac skin
explorer skinning option is currently not working

[b]Future Plans[/b]
new settings window
Aero Snap with glass look
Aero shake

[b]Older Versions[/b]
Here : [url="http://komalo.deviantart.com/gallery/#Border-Skin-Older-Versions"]Link[/url]

please post your reviews and bug reports, i always check the comments but i only reply on Fridays because of school

Edited by komalo
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Komalo, is there any way you could identify which skins (in the collection mentioned) are compatible with the current release version?

well most of them specify which version it works with, but the problem that most of them works with 0.2.3 only.

Are there any skins that you know of that are 0.2.7 compatible at this time?

I like the improvement in the OSX skin that comes with the app. I also like that it doesn't have shadows built in, because I can use YzShadow with it and it looks quite nice ;)

Oh, and one thing, explorer's close button does not seem to work, I get around it by right clicking the titlebar and selecting "close" so not a show stopper. The animation effects are beautiful as well. The close buttons for other windows work just fine. Also, you've managed to get the breadcrumbs to follow QTTabbar's tab navigation, very very slick!

Are there any skins that you know of that are 0.2.7 compatible at this time?

I like the improvement in the OSX skin that comes with the app. I also like that it doesn't have shadows built in, because I can use YzShadow with it and it looks quite nice ;)

Oh, and one thing, explorer's close button does not seem to work, I get around it by right clicking the titlebar and selecting "close" so not a show stopper. The animation effects are beautiful as well. The close buttons for other windows work just fine. Also, you've managed to get the breadcrumbs to follow QTTabbar's tab navigation, very very slick!

i will put the 0.2.3 un compatible skins in a seperated folder, the remain will be compatible with 0.2.7 version, i will try to fix the explorer close button problem, yeah but still long way to function it :D, anyway thanks for the feedback

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...