Standalone Stack 2

This is something that comes from stacklib and not from standalone stack. Matonga should update it to support such usage.

I have a couple of suggestions though. First, can the hover color apply to every icon and not just the ones with long filenames?

@ChristianS,

Today I have been facing the double-click problem every now and then... killing the process did not helped.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a problem with 2.0.2

When I double click on a desktop shortcut or one click on a shortcut in the faststartmenu (near "Start") the stack doesn't open. I have to click one time agin on it. This happens on every click again.

This is what I was trying to explain.

@Chrisitian,

New : 2.0.3 - fix release

- fix the bug reported by Smaky : stack doesn't open.

- you can now open many stacks at same time ( check "don't close stack on focus lost" )

Thamks for the fix, it is now working really great.

Do you think that the icon issue could be solved?

Awesome update ChristianS ;)

But I have a question...How can i set individual icon image for every stack i have made. What is the way for that?

I read smth about " put image in png format in a subfolder images" smth like .name of stack.png but nothing works.

Thanx in advance

Awesome update ChristianS ;)

But I have a question...How can i set individual icon image for every stack i have made. What is the way for that?

I read smth about " put image in png format in a subfolder images" smth like .name of stack.png but nothing works.

Thanx in advance

yes, and in the option, check "use custom icons".

In the standalonestack directory, there is a subdir named "images" where there are some png (examples). these png are the custom icons :

.txt.png for example is the custom icon for all .txt files.

folder.png is icon for all folders.

you should specified the name of the stack item with .png at the end to do a custon icon, for example : my precious documents.png to associate your folder "my precious documents" to this icon.

':' is deleted in the name, so the name "local drive (c:)" should be associate to <local drive (c ).png> ( <-- without space after c )

Edited by ChristianS

Bug:

- When stack set "Open as: Stack" and "Direction: Down" it still open the stack upward.

- The grid opens over the icon and not above/beneath

Suggestion:

- Option to set the position of the stack/grid to topmost,desktop,normal

- and keep stack open after starting a link or something else.

- right-click menu for files/folders

Edited by apfel

@apfel,

Bug:

- When stack set "Open as: Stack" and "Direction: Down" it still open the stack upward.

Stacks only work upwards... for any other direction you should select grid. BTW, this is not Christian's fault, stacklib which is used by standalone stack (developed by matonga) does not yet support stack for any other direction but upwards.

The new 2.04 version works fine. Thanks. Please, will it be possible to quickly edit a few words of the program? (thanks to the AjaxTrans web)

La nouvelle version marche très très bien. Merci beaucoup, Christian.

J'ai, en tout cas, un petit désir: lorsqu'on n'est pas angloparlant on veut éditer quelques mots du programme (tels que l'accès au explorer, très necessaire pour ajouter plus d'accès directs). Avec la première version c'était possible de traduire quelque chose, mais pas avec la v.2. (merci mes professeurs de français)

This is seriously now some of the best coding i've seen in a long time.

Browsing is fast and light

the go back icon is great

the amount of options you can do is just great

I really am impressed Chris between you and matonga, you really have something here.

I can see this becoming a complete replacement for explorer.

Things that would make this a replacement for explorer

- Ability to drag and move files into folders

- Ability to create folders/files/shortcuts

- Ability to rename folders/files

- Ability to Delete folders/files

- Ability to cut/paste folders/files

I just have to say congratulations on a job well done. This is such a good application, you have my thanks.

Edit

One feature that I think should be improved upon is scroll bars for folders where there are many files (for exploring).

Right now when there are too many files, only the go back option is shown (show in explorer is missing when there are too many files to show) and the files in alphabetical order that come last arent shown.

An easier solution may be to just halve the size of the icons when there are too many files in a folder and then just revert back to the user setting when they leave the folder?

Or another solution could be to have the icons appear in the largest size possible (with maximum pixel and minimum pixel limits) and code it so that all the files show?

So some solutions that i can think of are:

1. Scrollbars

2. Halve the size of the icons for folders that have too many files and revert back to user settings on the rest of folders

3. User set Maximum and minimum pixel limits displaying largest size possible.

Edited by scissorhands7

V2.0.4 runs even better... quite fast actually.

The icon issue is still present though. I have configured it to show 128px icos and found that some apps would not yield the hi-res icon (like .zip files - with winzip installed) and when the app does not has a hi-res icon, the low-res one gets enlaged (thus getting pixelated). Again, it might help to have the largest icon available to show inside a square (as explorer does).

Have the latest version. Running on WinXP SP2. My problem is if my stack contains a shortcut, I cannot launch it from the stack. Usually I click and nothing happens. Other times I get a "parameter not correct" dialog. If I have EXE files or other programs within the stack directly, they launch fine.

Is there a way to launch shortcuts from within a stack?

Edited by biznotcher

I really love standalone stacks. Thank you so much for sharing Christian.

I'm using it with y'zdock at the moment.

Just a question though, would it be possible to completely unload the program from memory once the stack has been closed. In Y'z dock, after the first use a running indicator remains under the icon.

Y'z dock, after the first use a running indicator remains under the icon.

If you look in Task Manager you will see that StandaloneStack2.exe is always running. Use a shortcut to it in the dock with arguments that should remove the running indicator.

Edited by Ghostwalker