Stock Market Docklet

Jashmid

Hi all,

I've been looking for a docklet that provides stock market quotes via Reuters, Bloomberg, Yahoo, etc. But haven't found anything useful yet. There is one, but that doesn't let you add more than one symbol at the time and only provides an ugly graph which is barely readable without a microscope!

I'm not looking for anything fancy. A simple docklet similar to Vista Sidebar's widget.

Any help is appreciated.

That wouldn't be of any use to me as first of all I'll need FTSE, DAX and Nikkei. Secondly, I'll need live feed (or at least as live as it gets depending on the provider).

Anyway, I was looking for a specific resolution - a docklet - as I'd love to fully dump my Windows sidebar because of its ridiculous memory consumption. Not a desperate situation at all. Hence, no need to improvise or learn something from scratch. I can still live with the default sidebar widget.

Hi all,

I've been looking for a docklet that provides stock market quotes via Reuters, Bloomberg, Yahoo, etc. But haven't found anything useful yet. There is one, but that doesn't let you add more than one symbol at the time and only provides an ugly graph which is barely readable without a microscope!

I'm not looking for anything fancy. A simple docklet similar to Vista Sidebar's widget.

Any help is appreciated.

hi,

For more info you may visit the following link http://rocketdock.com/index.php?option=com...info&id=820

thanks

That wouldn't be of any use to me as first of all I'll need FTSE, DAX and Nikkei. Secondly, I'll need live feed (or at least as live as it gets depending on the provider).

Anyway, I was looking for a specific resolution - a docklet - as I'd love to fully dump my Windows sidebar because of its ridiculous memory consumption. Not a desperate situation at all. Hence, no need to improvise or learn something from scratch. I can still live with the default sidebar widget.

Protip,

Be a pro, use samurize and the pagescraper.dll way less memoory than any docklet, way more customization, its free, it has way more uses than just stocks.

Download Samurize here

Download Plugin Pack (includes pagescraper.dll that you need for stocks/ripping raw html from webpages)

See Examples

I appreciate you trying to help, scissorhands7. But Not everyone is a computer geek or have the time. My only free time is weekends and I don't think I'd like to spend it learning a brand new software from scratch (no matter how easy it may be). Not to mention, all this trouble would be for something I am going to use only once.

@stockinvestments, thanks. I've already tried that. There is only one result and that's a buggy memory hug that crashes my ObjectDock randomly. The interface is not exactly an eye candy either (quite the opposite in fact)!

Anyway, I get the message: there's no docklet for what I need. I am only surprised because there are so many for Google sidebar, Konfabulator, etc. Shame...