Windows In The Long Run

Ok. to start things off, this is not a comparison between vista and OS X. We know the clear winner. But, what this IS about is, do you think that Microsoft and Windows has the potemtial, or even have what it takes to ever come close to beating Mac and their OS'? Microsoft started out OK with windows 98, and did arguably OK with 2000, showing they might have something. But fell behind with Windows Vista, not having patience and working out the flaws in the OS. BUT, could have been their lack of patience, or just a bad staff? Do you think Microsoft can be intuitive and innovative? And where do you think Windows 7 will stand, as it is getting praised for being lighter and faster. So, I ask you, do you think that Microsoft has the potential to make a great OS that will make you think twice about Apple and their OS?

I assume you are from USA,i am from Montenegro,Balkan and average salary in Balkan is 300 euros monthly.Similar situation is in all Easter-European countries,Middle east ,no need to mention Africa,Far East(India,all those small countries,China....).So u can get idea...Windows is bringing to all these countries something that Apple doesn't,Low cost Pc's (300-400 EUROS) who can run good OS.Apple is building very quality brand for high financial customers.Average Pc user doesn't have 2000 euros for computer and i think this is reason why 80% of computer users use MS Windows.You can see that MS is playing on that card,on their videos they promote this concept with all nations and classes with Windows,and it's working.No matter how good or innovative Mac is Windows will always hold 80% of market.

I use Pc for 10 years and really i didn't have any justified reason to switch to Mac.I am paying my bills with my Pc which mean i am not just another average user...

Windows 7 is big step forward for MS and i'm really getting in love with him.Superbar works perfect,aero peak is phenomenal,aero snap,aero shake incredibly good tools,libraries,very clear,natural and nice UI....,i can't wait W7 to hit the market.Windows 7 is what Vista should be x10.

And at the end sorry for my bad English but i think you'll get my point.

Sry, but it's a fact, that Microsoft is WAY more innovative than Apple.

Alright, they built a quite nice GUI. But thats not the point. What they did is a quite small achievement compared to the success Microsoft had. And I'm not talking about financial success! I'm talking about the technical achievement.

All this "OSX is much faster, more stable etc." - talking origns from a simplification. Yeah, Apple took the easy way and takes a lot of money for this. Just a few different hardware combinations, a lot of programmers especially programming for this base makes it very easy to create a stable OS.

But the real great one is Microsoft! Just think about how many different hardware there are on the market and then calculate for yourself, how many combinations that makes. And then create an OS which is pretty stable (in my case,Vista NEVER crashed!) with all the different hardware components working extremely smooth together.

THAT'S an achievement.

I'm sry to disagree with you but I really think that Microsoft is going to remain the worlds largest OS producer and of course there will be some Mac users who will be willing to pay a lot of money for this unified system. But the majority wants a cheap, stable, useful system. And that'ts what Microsoft provides with Windows.