Explorer Cover Flow

I do understand your request but since cover flow is a toolbar it will always sit on the top. :(

You can tweak the registry settings and register cover flow as an explorer bar (instead of a toolbar) using this method: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753590(VS.85).aspx the GUID of cover flow is {B964D79B-D625-408F-B2AB-B308806EA2DD}

Unfortunately the results is still not what you want since a horizontal explorer bar always sits at the bottom: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144099(VS.85).aspx I just tried it, there is just no way to move it even if you could expect so...

post-90271-1247591606_thumb.jpg

So it looks like the limition is within explorer itself

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aquawelt: I have no idea about Vista 64, but if you enable the cover flow in Internet Explorer's extension manager and check it in Internet Explorer's toolbar menu, doesn't it show up in Explorer's menu as well?

I enabled Cover Flow in Internet Explorer's extension manager and checked it in Internet Explorer's view -> toolbars menu.

But I do not get Cover Flow as an option at all in Explorer's view menu. I do get and am running FindeXer in Explorer's view menu.

At installation using the setup executable and when asked if I want to keep already newer versions of files I opted to keep my newer versions.

Don't know what else I can help with. Cheers .........

Users which have a Windows 7 have some look too run this "explorer" ?:D

I've tried all ways to install and settings...but nothing...it is same "old" explorer mode :D

PS: try again and...strange now it's working...in my Windows 7 RC...yuppieeeee

Good job ;)

Edited by Elevati0n

I tried to install in Windows 7 Ultimate version 6.1 (build 7260) but it shows the following message:

The module "ExplorerCoverFlow.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or

debug it to check for problems with the binary or

dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.

I added dx8vb.dll to the dir and worked the regsvr32, but after that I activated the CoverFlow on the Explorer and the following message appears:

Run-time error '-2147418105(80010007)':

Automation error:

The callee(server[not server application])is not available and

disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed.

OK

And it closes explorer.exe and each time I try to execute the Windows Explorer, it shows :

Windows Explorer has Stopped Working

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

So I just uninstalled (manually) it to make the explorer work again.

Finally I tried to install using Setup.exe and asked me to replace the dll which were older than the windows7 ones, of course I didn't allow them to change with those older ones.

Installed and the same error hap

Now I updated my video card driver, because I was using the default VGA driver but, it has the same error.

I thought "anyway... I can use FingerXP " but it also has a kernelbase.dll fault, maybe "XP" letters are there for some reason... he he

Got it running (mostly) until I went into C:\ and it finally crashed.

Ok, I managed to kill explorer.exe, let's try again.

Let's see:

• slow, I mean cpu load, not animations which btw are fairly smooth (using a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz and 1GB RAM)
  • text looks like low-res... are you drawing text into a texture?
  • I'm really intrigued at how are you getting those .pdf previews :D I'm sincerely impressed by this one feature (maybe IExtractImage?)
  • couldn't preview .doc files... I guess it's because Microsoft Office isn't installed in my machine :P

Other than that, it looks really promising.

It would be good to have it follow your selection when navigating explorer's listview items (files/folders).

Whatever, looks very awesome. I hope you continue this project, looks very good up to now. :D

Vlanla: Man can u try to install in Win 7 with your method? Just extract those files, rtename 19/21 file to EC...reg and install.cmd?;)

I did the same in mine Win 7 RC and works...

No luck here, maybe I need to install codecs or something else. It is an empty Windows 7, no programs yet...

I'm back with XP :lol:

@ahmadus:

Yes here I have the same thing. The preview of files is ok here, but font is like being blitted to a low-res texture.

However this is the first CoverFlow I've seen for Windows' Explorer (indeed I thought it was just impossible to put this thing just there, let alone the integration with Explorer and using IShellFolder, etc..., I mean, vemod must have had a hard time writing this so we should be pacient and supportive with this guy ;) )

@ahmadus:

Yes here I have the same thing. The preview of files is ok here, but font is like being blitted to a low-res texture.

However this is the first CoverFlow I've seen for Windows' Explorer (indeed I thought it was just impossible to put this thing just there, let alone the integration with Explorer and using IShellFolder, etc..., I mean, vemod must have had a hard time writing this so we should be pacient and supportive with this guy ;) )

Yeah man you're right ,

you know what i just think that Cover flow in vista or seven explorer is gonna be Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge , i'm sure of that

we have just to be patient for another better release of That,

God bless you guyz ;)