Firefox Hungry For Memory

Well, I have 30 extensions installed ... cache of 100MB memory ... what I forgot to mention is that the screenshot was taken with only one tab open, but before I had several tabs open, then after I closed all and left only one open ... my intention was to say that even after closing the other tabs Firefox does not return to the system the memory used... even the old "trick" "minimize and then maximize" does not work to free the memory used...

Edited by prcmelo
Yes... Kaspersky, Spyware Terminator, and Comodo all of them updated...

I think it's a Firefox problem... I remember that Opera reached the maximum of 80Mb with the same procedure described.

Protip: Kapersky + Spyware Terminator + Comodo =/= Free of Malware

Superantispyware + Malwarebytes + A post in the Am I Infected? Forums at www.bleepingcomputer.com = Free of Malware

Guest Snowy48
Firefox 3.5... running an hour and a half... only one tab open ... the picture says it all, even says that perhaps I should try Opera or anything else than IE...

get safari.

• 1 month later...

How many add-ons do you have for your Firefox? They can use a lot of memory. Only keep the ones you really need, such as AdBlock Plus. Pointless ones that aren't helping you any are worth deleting (toolbars you never use, etc.).

Hi all .. You can update your firefox IE or reinstall your Firefox in your system . That may solve your problem in the IE . Also u can move in the property setting there u can find to increase your memory control for your IE . or use some other IE at the same time you surf.....Thanks for sharing post...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes reinstall the Firefox it will fix the problem

ChuÌng tôi laÌ€ một trong những công ty tu van du hoc haÌ€ng đầu Việt Nam .ChuÌng tôi laÌ€ Ä‘aÌ£i diện cho nhiều tập Ä‘oaÌ€n du hoc haÌ€ng đầu TG taÌ£i Vietnam .HaÌ€ng năm đều coÌ caÌc xuâÌt hoc bong du hoc miễn phiÌ Ä‘i vuÌ£ du hoc singapore.

Edited by mrphantuan