Cannot Revert To Original Theme

unohoo09

I installed FlyakiteOSX today, it runs fine, but on my mothers account, I am unable to revert her theme back to normal. any help is appreciated.

Edit: Nevermind. Here's the new question: How do I uninstall the theme form the entire system?

Edited by unohoo09

God I love KAWSquared - and to think I was going to complain about the paucity of good-quality trolling on the forums... :D

unohoo09: I bet your mum's really happy. If you want to reduce her happiness (how could you! *sob*), here is the golden path to restoring your XP system to it's original funkiness...

Scenario #1: You were sensible & made a System Restore Point *before* installing Flyakite (this was an option in the install itself):

1. Log on as administrator, or at least make sure whatever user you're using has administrator privileges.

2. In "Add/Remove Programs", uninstall Flyakite.

3. Reboot as admin.

4. Open the system restore utility. The quick way for this is first Win + R, then entering: %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

5. Restore your system to the point before installing Flyakite.

6. Reboot.

Scenario #2: You didn't make a System Restore Point:

1. Log on as administrator, or at least make sure whatever user you're using has administrator privileges.

2. In "Add/Remove Programs", uninstall Flyakite.

3. Reboot as admin.

4a. If you have SP3 for XP, uninstall SP3.

4b. Reboot, and install SP3 again from Windows Update.

4c. If you don't have SP3, install SP3 from Windows Update.

5. Reboot. (Installing SP3 will give your system the standard, sexy XP icons etc.)

Hope this helps. Say hello to your mum for me... :)