Windows Explorer Reconfiguration

rassilon256

Hi all, I tried to search around for this but couldn't find anything relevant.

I'm running FlyakiteOSX with a few (more or less superfluous) modifications on an XP Home SP3. I'm really liking everything except the changes to Explorer. It's got no Finder-like improvements, yet some of the Explorer-functionality has been decreased.

I assume the changes are either performed using a modified explorer.exe, or via registry keys. Can someone advise me of what, where and how for this?

The reasons I want to know are a. I desperately want my address bar back, at least until I find a decent Finder clone (any recommendations?), and b. I really want to use QTTabBar. Any advice specific to either would also be gratefully received!

Here you go. You'll notice that at present the toolbars aren't locked, and in the far top right the word Address is actually shown. If I enable the address bar it appears here, and I have to drag it to a usable position. Also, as soon as I close all Explorer windows (even thought Explorer is of course still running), it vanishes again.

The two QTTabBar toolbar options are displayed, but refuse to be checked. I can click on either or both and nothing changes, and when I go back to the menu they haven't got a tick next to them. I thought this may have something to do with the changes FlyakiteOSX makes (hence wanting to know how it made them). I've reviewed everything in the manual/FAQ on the QTTabBar website. Its forum is useless, just full of people asking questions and noone attempting to answer them.

I'd never heard of Styler Toolbar until today. I can't find it referred to in any Flyakite documentation.

post-106747-1253486402_thumb.png

Edited by rassilon256