Announcement: Xwindows Dock 2.0.0.0

BOBAH13

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Completely understandable, there are more important things to do first, and I know your working really hard on this project. I just wish I could help somehow.

You rock Bobah, thanks so much.

I know for a fact he would love some donations! I'm trying to find some way to give him at least something.

I hope this version will work well with win7, 'cos 5.6 can't magnify icons when mouse is over them. (no other softwares running)

I tried several times, but it still doesn't work...

Now I am planning to reinstall 7 ultimate Retail, so i hope 2.0.0 will perform perfectly on it.

Edited by saiac
I hope this version will work well with win7, 'cos 5.6 can't magnify icons when mouse is over them. (no other softwares running)

I tried several times, but it still doesn't work...

Now I am planning to reinstall 7 ultimate Retail, so i hope 2.0.0 will perform perfectly on it.

Now more problems with XP, I cannot get it runing well in XP, in Seven, as I said before, I'm working in it and it works for me well.

We got to know, that on Vista it works well too, on XP it works well only under Debuggers like OlyDebugger, MSVC debugger and so on I think. Why ? I do not know, and spent a lot of time on this. not sure that it will be possible to use this dock on xp. Sorry.

well, I think that there is no more sense on making more apps to windows XP. 5.6 works very fine on XP, and like Elevati0n said, Win7 will be the OS. :)

Hi Bobah13, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now but keep forgetting. I seem to remember that the last released version of XWD 5.6+ had some sort of 'debug' window pop-up that would appear every time there was some sort of exception, or fault while using the dock. It would give the user options such as "quit" or "continue"..

Is there possibly some sort of switch you could pass the program to disable the debug popup? It's unfortunate when the dock experiences some sort of issue, but I would really like a way to continue using the dock without having to click 'continue'

maybe something like: passing -nodebug to xwd shortcut to launch the program without debugging?

Could/does the dock have something like this?

Hello everybody.

I've been starting XWindows Dock 2.0.0.

Why ? Cause I see that people like XWD, people want XWD :) therefore I cannot just leave this without any hesitating.

Anyway, why 2.0.0 ?

2 - it's a new dock, not like before, new features, new animations, new way to programming, new language - new CORE.

0.0 - cause it will be a first version of the second XWD.

Thanks. Vladimir.

For me you are the Best.

Microsoft need to contract you. :P

Sorry my english. B)

If Vladimir will release just a Win7/Vista(bleah) version, the users of Win7 will grow up...this means that Microsux will sell more Win7s and this must goes to this aspect: Vladimir will receive a bonus from Microsux for big selling of ...;)

Just kiddin'...

Anyway, Vladimir does a G R E A T job with this...keep going man!

Hi everybody. One questions for all. Arguments and Workdirectory and other similar properties, will they be available only for .exe and objects like Recycle (I mean "::{"....) ? Or I should add some extensions else ? What do you think ?

B) Man I think it's all right, as long as XWD is able to run shortcuts (".lnk") as RocketDock does. ;)

I mean, when you put shortcuts like MSOffice applications in XWD 5.6+, it gets some "workdirectory" issue, so the only way to make it work well, is putting the ".exe" files into the dock. <_<

So I think it's all right to put all system folders' default workdirectory just as you say ("::{") (like "My Computer", "Control Panel", "Recycle", etc...). Now, about the rest of apps and extensions, I think it's enough if it's able to run shortcuts as well. So I hope that issue we had in XWD 5.6+ is fixed. :)

And well, about arguments, they should work as well on every file.

Edited by Mattey
B) Man I think it's all right, as long as XWD is able to run shortcuts (".lnk") as RocketDock does. ;)

I mean, when you put shortcuts like MSOffice applications in XWD 5.6+, it gets some "workdirectory" issue, so the only way to make it work well, is putting the ".exe" files into the dock. <_<

So I think it's all right to put all system folders' (like "My Computer", "Control Panel", "Recycle", etc...) default workdirectory just as you say ("::{"). Now, about the rest of apps and extensions, I think it's enough if it's able to run shortcuts as well. So I hope that issue we had in XWD 5.6+ is fixed. :)

And well, about arguments, they should work as well on every file.

About Office's shortcuts, I do not know how work with them correct, but others work well now. Also when you put .lnk dock detects that it's a shortcut and get out icon location, icon index, path, descriptions, arguments, work directory and so on, and put it onto the dock.

About Office's shortcuts, I do not know how work with them correct, but others work well now. Also when you put .lnk dock detects that it's a shortcut and get out icon location, icon index, path, descriptions, arguments, work directory and so on, and put it onto the dock.

Yeah. I understand exactly what you're saying. :P

:) That's why I think those ".lnk" files SHOULD WORK AS shortcuts, they should NOT be just a way to detect the "file's location, parameters, etc..."

What I'm saying is to add ".lnk" file extension to make shortcuts run as they do in RD.

So I mean that it should be better if we can drag shortcuts in XWD, so they're like an "element", not just the original file with "launch" parameters.

I hope you understand what I mean 'cause I don't really know how to explain this.

That's why I said, they should work as they do in RD.

Edited by Mattey