Announcement: Xwindows Dock 2.0.0.0

BOBAH13

Now it's running under Xp,Vista and Seven too as well. In the first release I think there is not stacks plugin, I'm going to develop it in future but not everything at once ;)

Edit:

Hey there. Here it's a small screenshot that shows you how you simply can:

1. Show/Hide/Set Text/Get Text, Move to 8 positions notifications of the plugin

2. Show/Hide(with animation) indicator of the plugin

3. Add/Delete/Enable/Check/Uncheck menu's items of the plugin

and many else...

I'm going to publish pre-release of API. Does it make sense ? Are there anybody who is interested in it ?

post-87061-1259489262_thumb.png

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Vlad, I have a few questions about the new XWD:

Will be possible to choose where the reflection will appear on the skin?

d657riyt.jpg

Can you add a feature to take a screenshot of the dock alone?

zx420w.png

Will it be compatible with Avedesk 1.4?

Sorry for the bad english and thanks for your great work on this dock :)

1. You cannot control where the reflection will be placed, you can only offset the reflection (of icons) setting up a value or < 0 or > 0, the bottom line of the reflection will be edge of the dock's skin (just a border, like in real Mac)

2. Not sure what the feature do you talk about ?

He refears I think at a posibility to do a screenshot of the dock without capture the whole screen ;) or maybe he is refears to a feature like do a screen of the actual dock for previews a maded skin ;)

But this can be done in Win 7 easy with Snipping tool..

@Vladimir: The screenshot looks awesome..and the features are..mmmmmmm...When is Christmas? I want XWD vers 2.0.0 as gift ;)

Edited by Elevati0n
1. You cannot control where the reflection will be placed, you can only offset the reflection (of icons) setting up a value or < 0 or > 0, the bottom line of the reflection will be edge of the dock's skin (just a border, like in real Mac)

2. Not sure what the feature do you talk about ?

1- Take a look at this dock: http://flugeiden.deviantart.com/art/Silverdock-115776824 there is a place where the reflection don't appears (in this case, in the grey part). I don't know how this works, but it's possible to do that on XWD?

2- I'm talking about take a screenshot of the dock itself without the desktop background (the mac dock have this feature)

About exactly that screenshot, you can already do that right now for 2.0.0 :) just descrease icon's reflection's offset (like -5 or something else, it depends on the skin.ini ;))

Oh.. I'm sorry, not sure that it's possible for now. May be in future

ok, thanks ;)

Please work on stability. On W7, XWD 5.6 does not workwell : crashes, freezes, loss of icons, etc... I do not use it anymore since I installed 7 cause it's not stable. It got to the point where it stopped working at all.

I know :lol: for me 2.0.0 works perfect, also works on Xp as well.

Hi BOBAH13. I've got problems with XWindows Dock 5.6 on Windows 7. A lot of applications don't run. I've used your app begining first versions. I can say, that I depend on it :) Waiting for a new version for Windows 7.

P.S. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by BOBAH13.

Original

Привет BOBAH13. У меня проблемы с xWindows Dock 5.6 на Windows 7. Многие приложения не запускаются. Иконки как замороженые. Winamp выдает ошибку. Я очень давно пользуюсь твоей программой, еще с первых версий. Можно так сказать что я уже от неё зависим )))). Жду новой версии под Windows 7.

P.S.Вырожаю Благадарность за твои работу.

Hey guys. Thanks for your interesting and supporting me, it gives me pleasure to work on the dock. I just want to tell you, that you should not wait perfect application begining first build, cause as I said before, I do not want to create it fast and skip details, I think it would be much better to making slower but look at every detail. Therefore you won't see in the first betta release a lot of features, just the base, general features for the dock (I hope what I've already done enough for the first time). So, I also want to say, that I hope 2.0.0 betta will be publish soon, as I thought before. I cannot say when exactly, but hope it will be soon, after that, I will have to put all my attention to my job and studing, that's why continue working on the 2.0.0 final, only after New Year :)

it's just a letter, want to inform you, to not answer a lot of questions after first release ;)

Vlad you're THE man! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into creating this program. It far surpasses all the others and especially the paid ones... I recommended 5.6 to everybody I know who has a dirty desktop. Every one of them enjoyed it and it is one CLASSY looking dock. Just wait till I tell them of the new release...! :)

Hello everybody,

In the last couples of weeks I created lots of icons to be used on XWindowsDock.

Most of them are Celebrity Images in bikinis.

If somebody interests in those icons, just let me know..

By the way.. If you need some images just let me know as well, so I can jump in to help you to finish your project, Vladimir.. :-)

Warmest regards from Jakarta, Indonesia

This is great news.

Thanks BOBAH ^^

One suggestion, maybe people have told you about it...

If you could please change the method skins are made, if it could be similar to the OS X dock it would be fantastic.

Its pretty much the only issue I had with XWD.

Now skins are png files (even you can rename it like you want). How does dock load skins ? It just finds skin.ini in folder/subfolders Skins\ and load all information/all skins parts/all customizes from it then show on the dock :) Only icons' shadow and windows' reflection you can enable/disable in settings.ini by your hands :) Why ? Cause user may have problems with these features, for example, use more RAM/CPU or something else, but for me it works well on Win 7. Will see...

Edit:

About skins and icons' reflections, You can:

1. Move up and down reflection

2. Cut from top or/and bottom, it let you place reflection where you want

That's general, also a lot of other parameters to customize reflections

I also try to port skins from mac, it's so easy :) I just download, extract 3 files (indicator + background + may be edge + separator), make skin.ini (it takes a bit) and it's ready :)

Quick question vlad, not sure if this was already asked, but have you already made it possible to put the dock at the top of the screen or on the right/left side and offsetting? There are a TON of people requesting this and I'm sure you would be their hero if you would include this option :)

Quick question vlad, not sure if this was already asked, but have you already made it possible to put the dock at the top of the screen or on the right/left side and offsetting? There are a TON of people requesting this and I'm sure you would be their hero if you would include this option :)

I think I was already asked about it:

1. 3D Mode - bottom

2. 2D Mode - bottom/top/left/right

Have I answered your question ? :)

hey Vlad, another quick question:

Can you make an option to user have multiple docks at the same time?

I mean... I have an 3D dock at bottom, and one 2D at top. Using the same XWD process...

I think this is called multi dock system (its pretty obvious that the name is this, but since I'm brazilian I don't know some expressions used in English.)

Can you do that? :)