Aquasoft With Vb4

• 1 month later...

hey Tim, well for me forum is the main priority & blog also, I won't be using this cms, so it's not a priority for me. the default theme of vb4 I think heavlily inspired for current apple.com website, like if you look at the new tabbed navbar, it's so close to apple.com website's top menubar.

you can do two thing;

1. customize it like apple.com website with similar colors, top menubar, etc. it'll be easy for you and it'll keep our mouth shut for many month :D

2. make it same as current aqua-soft theme with highlighting vb4's features. it'll be a pain for you but we all want this skin :D

• 2 weeks later...

Forum is the major importance, blogs maybe, cms - not really.

Essentially the way I see it, is to have the same functionalities you havevon Aqua-Soft - with a main welcome screen that can be used to aggregate news, or articles, that are linked to the forum content, in a separate forum section.

This would work similarly to the iPhone theme you have for ipb - two tabs, one 'portal', one 'forum'

I am just trying to get some feedback on this, but would you guys be willing to pay $5~ for upgraded versions of the skins? (ie vb3.8 -> vb4.0)

Reason I ask, is vb4 and both ipb3 are completely new. Both require rewrites from the ground up. Which take tons of time to do. They also are more complex than ever with stuff like cms, blogs etc.

I am just trying to get some feedback on this, but would you guys be willing to pay $5~ for upgraded versions of the skins? (ie vb3.8 -> vb4.0)

Reason I ask, is vb4 and both ipb3 are completely new. Both require rewrites from the ground up. Which take tons of time to do. They also are more complex than ever with stuff like cms, blogs etc.

sure.. we'll pay :)

I have no problem with paying 5 bucks. Your skin is awesome. However, I would like to request that you make this skin compatible with the following vBulletin plugin:

/>http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196458

I also don't understand why you're neglecting vBulletin over IP.Board. Isn't vBulletin more widely used? Either way I'm looking forward to upgrade to vBulletin 4 but I'm waiting for your skin to be compatible with vB4.

I'm gonna go ahead and ask my vbulletin users that are upgrading... is the cms and blogs a priority? Also how much customization do you want on the theme, they've really changed the way css is handled (main css) on this new ver.

Just the forum part would be fine. I would gladly pay for the upgrade Timan. Anything to shut up the grumbling twits on my forum ;)

I have no problem even paying $20 for an upraded skin. Do not sell yourself short. You do some excellent work, and you should be compensated for it.

By the way, I want to say I agree with this. I'd gladly pay 20 bucks for a vBulletin 4 compatible skin. Forum aspect is of course the most important part you should cover, but I wouldn't mind CMS and blog too, but that shouldn't be prioritised over the forum skin. I wish you could release the vBulletin 4 skin soon though. I mean, I understand this is a lot of work, but don't postpone it another year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...