Winstep Nexus Dock 9.11 Final Released

Winstep's Nexus Dock officially leaves beta today showing some enhansed GUI love to Windows 7 and earlier.

bcfe10220d54900bac27f5bc626e6f72.jpg

The Winstep Nexus dock is a free, stand alone, version of the Nexus dock that is part of the Winstep Xtreme suite of applications, but it has no support for multi-docks and multi-level sub-docks, unlike its bigger 'cousin' in Winstep Xtreme.

With this update to 9.11 Final, some notable visual additions include a new user-selectable glassy theme and adjustable placement of running indicators.

23078c5f1eb58aba1a7144332548dad5.jpg

Nexus Features:

* Fully compatible with Windows 7 and all 64 bit versions of Windows.

* Live icon reflections.

* Dock magnification, swing, bounce, afterglow and many other incredible mouse over effects.

* Water ripple, fluid surface, fluid reflections and many more dock animation effects.

* Automatic Vista glass blur for semi-transparent dock backgrounds.

* Running application indicators.

* Adjustable icon spacing.

* Dock auto-hide and auto-collapse to take up as little screen space as possible.

* Built-in clock, weather, recycler, fortune cookie reader, email checker, net, cpu and ram meter docklets/widgets.

* Over 80 useful internal commands(Show Windows Start Menu, Capture Desktop Screenshot, Hide Taskbar, etc…).

* Ability to prevent maximized windows from overlapping the dock.

* Supports drag & drop of virtual file system objects (My Computer, Control Panel, etc...).

* Completely customizable - thousands of backgrounds freely available online.

* Fully compatible with skins for all other docks.

* Full drag & drop support with extremely easy to use and intuitive interface.

* Multi monitor support.

* Multi language support.

* Includes Update Manager to look for, download, and automatically install new versions.

* ... and more!

Winstep Website: http://www.winstep.net

You can download Nexus from HERE (15.9 MB).

Nexus is fully compatible with Win9x, ME, NT4, 2000, XP 32/64 bit, 2003 Server, Vista 32/64 bit and Windows 7 32/64 bit.

Supported languages: Catalan, Dutch, English, Farsi (Persian), French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish, Swedish.

Visit the main release thread at AS HERE.

• 4 months later...

This is a great dock. I've been using it on Vista and Windows 7 (both 32 bit and 64 bit) and it works fine. The screenshot shows the Leopard theme which looks great at the bottom of the screen (like the Mac), but doesn't work for me at the top of the screen where I position it (can't get used to having the taskbar at the top). There are many other themes to choose from though.

• 2 weeks later...

The screenshot shows the Leopard theme which looks great at the bottom of the screen (like the Mac), but doesn't work for me at the top of the screen where I position it (can't get used to having the taskbar at the top).

using the latest version of the nexus dock i can completely hide/remove the windows taskbar.

the dock has both task list and systray working and fully customisable.

you can check the latest discussions about this in this thread

• 1 month later...