Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - General Discussion

BOBAH13

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this dock, but the lack of anti-aliasing is really turning me off. Also, I don't feel it should be using the XWD name. It doesn't have half the features XWD did and probably never will (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does feel a little disingenuous.)

But yeah, I just can't use this as my primary dock until some work is done on the jaggy edges.

Regards, and keep up the good work. :)

Edited by risemix

I like this dock, but the lack of anti-aliasing is really turning me off. Also, I don't feel it should be using the XWD name. It doesn't have half the features XWD did and probably never will (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does feel a little disingenuous.)

But yeah, I just can't use this as my primary dock until some work is done on the jaggy edges.

Regards, and keep up the good work. :)

No donations, less wishes to continue :) Noone have you to use the dock, XWD is not TM of course, but I'm developer of XWindows Dock, that's why I can use this name and for new one.

No donations, less wishes to continue :) Noone have you to use the dock, XWD is not TM of course, but I'm developer of XWindows Dock, that's why I can use this name and for new one.

I will donate when I have some money. However, having worked on projects like this in the past, I have learned with experience that people do not like to donate money to projects with a stagnating development or community. Releasing an update as a show of good faith (perhaps with a promised feature) would be a smart thing to do. And it's never shameful to add a note asking for donations to fund development in the release notes. I love helping out with community projects like this one. We're all here for the same thing (a pretty desktop). :)

I've being thinking... ObjectDock 2 is very promising, BUT XWindowsDock is much more versatile, and aesthetics are better than any other... ;)

So NOBODY wants BOBAH13 to stop this dock's developement, but if that was the case, I suggest to make it an "open source", then somebody else could continue his job... :)

Thanks BOBAH13 to read all this posts, and I'm sorry if I seem "daring" with this post.

Edited by Mattey

We may have new build 2.0.1.1. There are several interesting feautres and fixed "bugs" like pixeled borders. About "interesting features", now we are going to test it to be sure if you install it your windows won't crashed :) the feature is great, but we have to test it before. Also, some additions for Container plugin, like rendering images and videos, and make it more stable.

Will see. Now it's only my build, and work only on my Windows 7 x64 (real) and Windows XP (virtual machine).

Good news then :)!!!! very happy to know you didn't quit it. Now I'm wondering what those new "interesting features" are :unsure: ...

I'm on Windows 7 x32 and it couldn't be more stable for me.

I have a question: could animation be done in this version of XWDock? (I'm not asking if you are going to do it or when, I just wanna know if it can be done)

Guest Di7ra

We may have new build 2.0.1.1. There are several interesting feautres and fixed "bugs" like pixeled borders. About "interesting features", now we are going to test it to be sure if you install it your windows won't crashed :) the feature is great, but we have to test it before. Also, some additions for Container plugin, like rendering images and videos, and make it more stable.

Will see. Now it's only my build, and work only on my Windows 7 x64 (real) and Windows XP (virtual machine).

<3 Cheer up, m8. Really like your work and wating impatiently for further improvments :)

Hey. New feature (and I hope we won't have to kill it in the next build) is bouncing of icons. For example, you have some IM client, and somebody sent a message to you, in general you can notice blinking of the window on the taskbar, now it's still blinking but also you can see the icon (that is associated with IM's application) bouncing. Of course when you click on it the window of the app will be activated and icon won't bounce any more. Also, this feature is supported for XWD API. That allows me to add bouncing effect for container plugin, when containter updates you can see bouncing effect. It's very usefull for me. Will see if no problems with other windows' systems.

Also, there is a possibility I can leave this project, but now when I have free time I can continue adding new features. About magnifications for icons, I don't think that it's really usefull and may not implement it in future. Will see again :)

Thanks for your interesting in this project.

Hey. New feature (and I hope we won't have to kill it in the next build) is bouncing of icons. For example, you have some IM client, and somebody sent a message to you, in general you can notice blinking of the window on the taskbar, now it's still blinking but also you can see the icon (that is associated with IM's application) bouncing. Of course when you click on it the window of the app will be activated and icon won't bounce any more. Also, this feature is supported for XWD API. That allows me to add bouncing effect for container plugin, when containter updates you can see bouncing effect. It's very usefull for me. Will see if no problems with other windows' systems.

Also, there is a possibility I can leave this project, but now when I have free time I can continue adding new features. About magnifications for icons, I don't think that it's really usefull and may not implement it in future. Will see again :)

Thanks for your interesting in this project.

thx BOBAH13. its realy nice dock!

holy s(&#%¨! hope that you have enough time to release the new version soon! this dock ROCKS! oh yeah, forget what I said about XWD don't attending to my needs. I should been drunk when I said that.

Edited by Reenan

=======================================================================

for me pixelated borders is the big bugs of xwd2.0.. I always checking this site cause i really like xwd2.0... I'm/we're exited for the update! :unsure:

=======================================================================

for me pixelated borders is the big bugs of xwd2.0.. I always checking this site cause i really like xwd2.0... I'm/we're exited for the update! :unsure:

For me the biggest bug is the absence of activation on "mouse over border"...

You know what BOBAH13 , I have been using this dock since it first came out, it always was the best dock I could find anywhere paid for or not and is only getting better and better.

If I where not an invalid pensioner with limited income I would happily donate to the project ... and that is not a "line" its simply a fact.

So I just wanted to thank you for sharing your obvious talent via this project and want you to know that it has made one of my life interests so much more enjoyable.

As far as I'm concerned , take your time and God bless.

Bobah why not assign the project to some other developer...

your work is great but is too slow...

Project is free, but it's not Open Source :) This project is rather large and have a lot of technologies inside (that has been written using handmake method :)), so XWD 2.0 can be compiled only by me, and source code contemplates the value. Hope you understand.

Thanks guys, I'm glad that you like what we are doing together.