Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - General Discussion

BOBAH13

Bobah, I want to thank you for making the best dock on the net even better. Thank you so much for this. I find myself wanting to dump OD and get XWD back which I'm going to do now. OB 2.0 is just to buggy on 64bit system. I just miss how clean XWD is.

Is there a way for the dock to show running applications? Or does it do that already.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, you know, for example in Mac OS X, if there is no one finder's window you can still see indicator, cause finder.app is running, the same thing for expoler.exe in xwd. About adding new apps that are running but not in the dock yet, okay, I think it would be great.

Why not wait for what bobah's want to inculde (feature) in this dock instead of requesting more feature that you want.. I think we have to let him finished first for what he's working on for now.. Maybe we can request more feature in the next (maybe in version 2.0.4) build (when he has a time).. 2.0.3 can't be finished if we request more feature.. step-by-step guys!! Remember it's FREE! :D

I think Dock menu background needs some polishing. Would also be great if it goes customizable in the future.

And by the way is there a tentative release schedule for future versions? It's been several months since the last release. I'm so eager to see updates! :P

Thanks again for bring us this!

Edited by illusionmist

I agree with ramonflores: i think Vladimir has ideas for two or three major updates, at least :lol: seriously, just take your time and do what you can when you can, Vladimir. All of us need not just an update, but a functional, stable piece of software, so if we can help, let us know. BTW, thank you in advance for the improvements in the new version!!! Have a nice day!!!

Hi guys!

I'd like to say, that we are testing new build right now. There are a lot of new improvements and features that I hope you'll like it as well. As I said before I'll share new API that allows to use C#/WPF (for example), that's why we decided to make new part of the dock. New part is Public Plugins Manager. It's an additional application. It will help you to install and manage public plugins with dock. One moment, is this part requiers .NET 4 Framework, but if you do not want to use it, you can still install only dock and do not install this part.

As additional, this part will give you new stacks and GMail Client (just check you new unread emails), but anyone of you can create new great plugins use this new API.

I just inform you about the progress, give us a time to be sure that everything is working well, and wait "Update XWD" icon on the dock soon ;)

Thanks.

im feeling like a kid waiting for christmas

Keep the good work bro.

----------------------

hahaha me too... I always refresh the webpage, sometimes i restart my dock, waiting for the release.. hehe :D releeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssseeeee.... I want it so bad :)

Edited by ramonflores

----------------------

hahaha me too... I always refresh the webpage, sometimes i restart my dock, waiting for the release.. hehe :D releeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssseeeee.... I want it so bad :)

I feel the same way dude! Can't wait.... But we don't want to rush this either...

One question.... I haven't really been able to look around, but ARE there any plugins available for XWD 2 currently? The only ones I can really get to work are the ones already included lol... And Bobah, you said there will be a Gmail counter? Will this work for any IMAP email account such as MobileMe? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for this.... at least one that doesn't require stupid Outlook to be open. That would be so cool if that's actually what you mean dude...

And good job with the progress! Development sounds like it's going good so far... Hopefully it's not taking all of your free time... I'd have to say that the donation button might get hot pretty soon from my mouse clicking it ;)

Hi guys.

I'm thinking about minimize, I have today to do that, cause soon I'll have no time again. So, we have some ways to get minimzing, and if understand issues, please "rate":

1. Get screenshot of apps, like with 5.6, but unfortunately if window is already minimized or is out from screen (for example a part of window) you will see instead of screenshot, just a black window. Works with XP,Vista,7

2. Get screenshot of apps, but I cannot make minimizing effect, only rectangle-scaled effect. You can see realtime update this thumbnail even in the dock, but cannot get reflection of this thumbnail. Works with Vista,7. As you know XP is not supported by the dock with whole functionality.

So, choose a way :) right now I think 1 is better, cause this way I can make any minimzing and control exactly bitmap of thumbnail of window. What do you think?

UPD:

Okay, I think this realese won't have minimzing feature. Not yet.

Hi guys.

I'm thinking about minimize, I have today to do that, cause soon I'll have no time again. So, we have some ways to get minimzing, and if understand issues, please "rate":

1. Get screenshot of apps, like with 5.6, but unfortunately if window is already minimized or is out from screen (for example a part of window) you will see instead of screenshot, just a black window. Works with XP,Vista,7

2. Get screenshot of apps, but I cannot make minimizing effect, only rectangle-scaled effect. You can see realtime update this thumbnail even in the dock, but cannot get reflection of this thumbnail. Works with Vista,7. As you know XP is not supported by the dock with whole functionality.

So, choose a way :) right now I think 1 is better, cause this way I can make any minimzing and control exactly bitmap of thumbnail of window. What do you think?

UPD:

Okay, I think this realese won't have minimzing feature. Not yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, the minimize to dock is not usable.. Why?.... Because "explose" can handle it.. This dock is really usable specially the new features you add in the next version (the drag & drop files support on the container).. I'm a video editor so I really like the drag/drop on container.. That's why I can't wait for the release.. Thank you so much for the time! :D

BETTA means HAS BUGS and INCOMPLETE FEATURE.. (for me) :)

Option 1 sounds to be the logical approach. A live update of the icon is not necessary because its just eye candy really.(Mac OS X 10.5 dock did not have the live update thumbnail either!, I'm not sure about 10.6 however)

If option 1 can be cleanly implemented into the dock then that gets my vote.

Take your time BOBAH, we appreciate everything you put into XWD including time and effort! No need to rush.

We get all excited when there's talk of a new update though :D

@Bobah, i understand principles of finder app behaving in OSX dock but IMAO that's not something that is useful especially when you don't know are there any opened windows in dock,i dont wont to check taskbar and dock every time to see what the situation is (when i use XWD i autohide taskbar) or to right click explorer icon...At least just give option to disable it or even if you can give us some INI file where we can disable it manually or instructions to do that...I consider things like that eyecandy stuff.

@Everybody else, I am not trying to ask for some more feature from caprice,i just request some basic,fundamental things.I see many post from you guys asking for minimize effects,bounce effects,better reflection,roll over effects which are for me totally unnecessary in this point of time.I prefer good working dock over some eyecandy stuff...That is the reason why Object dock,Rocket dock was so famous,people still use it every day.

Everything i sad in this post can be considered as constructive critics,i want to see this dock rise,replace taskbar fully with his usability and beauty! And people to start to donate more money for developers!I know,no money no love...

Long live XWD :D

@Bobah, i understand principles of finder app behaving in OSX dock but IMAO that's not something that is useful especially when you don't know are there any opened windows in dock,i dont wont to check taskbar and dock every time to see what the situation is (when i use XWD i autohide taskbar) or to right click explorer icon...At least just give option to disable it or even if you can give us some INI file where we can disable it manually or instructions to do that...I consider things like that eyecandy stuff.

@Everybody else, I am not trying to ask for some more feature from caprice,i just request some basic,fundamental things.I see many post from you guys asking for minimize effects,bounce effects,better reflection,roll over effects which are for me totally unnecessary in this point of time.I prefer good working dock over some eyecandy stuff...That is the reason why Object dock,Rocket dock was so famous,people still use it every day.

Everything i sad in this post can be considered as constructive critics,i want to see this dock rise,replace taskbar fully with his usability and beauty! And people to start to donate more money for developers!I know,no money no love...

Long live XWD :D

Amen.