Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - General Discussion

BOBAH13

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally noob's question, but "Where can I get plugins for xwd 2.0.0+ ???" I've looked all over and still can't find any...

================================

right-click one of the icons on dock. click add -> plugins.. drag "Container 0.0.0.1" into the dock.. click the container you've add to dock... :D

Thank you so much for the update! it works like a charm.. just magnification and minimize to dock is missing to make this P E R F E C T

Thanks again! :D

Yeah, Thanx for update. And +1 does will be magnification and minimize to dock?

Please... add this option to next release...

waiting time to show the dock when the mouse is over the border of the screen!

Is essential for me... is the only reason why I do not use this dock!

All the other docks have this feature...

I think the usefulness of the dock is just to allow the launch of software when you have another software in full screen mode!

I remember that this was a bug of previous version 5.x too...

sorry for my english and good work!

i'd just like to pat you in the back Bobah (and the rest of your pals coding this). great work! :)

the auto notification is so cool :) i've been waiting for this a long time. one issue/suggestion with that tho, perhaps you already had this on your list, is that most of us add items in the dock by dragging shortcuts and not the actual executables. it would be even greater if you could automatically map .lnk files to the actual executables (com,cmd,exe, etc) so that clicking skype at the dock (added by dragging the shortcut) would have that little cute indicator glow under the icon and receive notifications :) please add this to your priority queue :D :D

fantabulous work guys *all thumbs up*

Please... add this option to next release...

waiting time to show the dock when the mouse is over the border of the screen!

Is essential for me... is the only reason why I do not use this dock!

All the other docks have this feature...

I think the usefulness of the dock is just to allow the launch of software when you have another software in full screen mode!

I remember that this was a bug of previous version 5.x too...

sorry for my english and good work!

yeah, I miss that too.

the "scroll the thumbnails" feature is simply genius

thank you so much for the update :D

Nice update.

But in my Windows 7 xwd 2.0.2 don;t work thumbs feature. I tried with more pictures/movies folder...no way to work or see smth like this.

And another one question... I try pidgin/skype for "notify you about all flashing windows in the taskbar. This can be favorite instant messaging client (e.g. Pidgin or Miranda), Skype, FTP-client and so on." but no chance to view something...anyone have this issues?

Edited by Elevati0n

Nice update.

But in my Windows 7 xwd 2.0.2 don;t work thumbs feature. I tried with more pictures/movies folder...no way to work or see smth like this.

And another one question... I try pidgin/skype for "notify you about all flashing windows in the taskbar. This can be favorite instant messaging client (e.g. Pidgin or Miranda), Skype, FTP-client and so on." but no chance to view something...anyone have this issues?

see my message above :)

basically the current state/build of the dock only supports "notifications" (in which the icon jumps whenever it's taskbar button flashes yellow) if the dock item is an executable. if it's a skype shortcut (.lnk) file, it won't have that icon jumping loving. try navigating to your Program Files\Skype\Phone folder and drag skype.exe to the dock and chat with your buddies to see what I mean.

again kudos Bobah

Thanks BOBAH13 for the update to 2.0.2.

Just 2 minor issues I've noticed so far:

1. When I have Strokeit running, and then launch XWD2.0.2, the dock appears and suddenly disappears. (XWD's still running in the task manager) then when I exit Strokeit, XWD reappears (with slide in animation.) It is as if XWD thinks Strokeit is a full screen app, and disables itself. Anyways, Strokeit is a free (for personal use,) must-have mouse gesture app for Win is there any chance you could work on XWD's compatibility?

2. When adding a new stacks container plug-in, then "Choose Folder", then assigning the container overlay PNG using "Set Icon", what results is instead of the contents of the stack appearing 'within' the container overlay PNG, the PNG appears just an 'empty' unfilled box.

Lastly, cannot help but humbly request the mouse screen edge bump delay (bring dock to foreground) feature. That would really be a game changer.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this project. you've got such a strong foundation to build upon; I look forward to seeing what you complete and give to this world :)

oh, and my specs:

Win7 Pro 32bit. Fully updated. Aero Enabled.

Nvidia Quadro FX 1600m, updated drivers.

Strokeit (standard install, standard running)

still has a long way to go to get at the level of xWd 5.6 ... I suggest you change the skins section and make it a drop down list... browsing the skins by Previous and Next buttons is stupid.

great work any way and waiting for the next release of course... sticking to the 5.6 until then because of the customization, functionality and the many awesome skins which unfortunately don't work in xWd v2.

And yeah.. one more request: please make it portable!!! storing the settings in Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XWindows Dock\ it's a pain! I know it's ok for multiple users of the same PC but for the most of us this is not! At least add an option to switch between portable and not portable!

You can imagine the benefits of a portable software and I hope I don't have to remind people all that.

Edited by dpcdpc11
You can imagine the benefits of a portable software and I hope I don't have to remind people all that.

First of all, it's already done. You have to run XWD with -p key. It means that Settings\ folder will be placed at the same folder as XWD.exe. So, for example, create .lnk and setup command line like "....\XWD.exe -p", and right now you have portable version ;)

toring the settings in Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XWindows Dock\ it's a pain!

Before talking so, you should know that Vista and Seven uses UAC and ALL user's data should be stored exactly here, and it's correct way to store it.