Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - Help & Support

BOBAH13

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done!!!

This is a very nice piece of programming.

I have been testing and there is no problems with the software itself.

However, with OD dockets that have a configurable menu the docklet fails. When I try to pop-up the menu for configuration (e.g. weather dock, clock dock, wifi dock...) this menu does not come-up in the screen. Where is the problem in the software or in the dock itself? Does anybody experience the same problem?. I am using w7 home realease. Matonga stacks docket works perfect.

Well done!!!

This is a very nice piece of programming.

I have been testing and there is no problems with the software itself.

However, with OD dockets that have a configurable menu the docklet fails. When I try to pop-up the menu for configuration (e.g. weather dock, clock dock, wifi dock...) this menu does not come-up in the screen. Where is the problem in the software or in the dock itself? Does anybody experience the same problem?. I am using w7 home realease. Matonga stacks docket works perfect.

As a temporary fix, I've found that copying the configuration over from, say, rocketdock will work.

1. open rocketdock\docklets\settings.ini
  2. copy the docklet you want
  3. open Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XWindows Dock\Docklets
  4. open the ini of the docklet you want to paste it to
  5. paste

Hi guys,

I'm doing some skins for xwd 2.0....some of are from my old versions of skins...like Greece, Roman Empire, Egyptian skins...but I cannot manage to see in skins.

What it's wrong with copy skin.ini from another skin, change values of background's stuff, rename new skin..and save?

It's not showing in skin Tba on XWD2.0...:(

I cannot understand what is wrong...try again, make from zero..but it's the same...not shown :(

Edited by Elevati0n

Hi!

I try to use it on XP (German). Start of apps will result in

1. ask for the destination folder to move it to

2. ask for the destination folder to copy it to

3. start of the app

how to overcome this?

By Panta: Moved! Please, do not create a new topic when asking for help.

Edited by Panta

Hi!

3. start of the app

how to overcome this?

Hi,

First tell us what version of XWindowsDock do u try?

If you use the new vers aka 2.0 I must tell you that is not designed to work in XP...sorry for that.

Hi,

First tell us what version of XWindowsDock do u try?

If you use the new vers aka 2.0 I must tell you that is not designed to work in XP...sorry for that.

... I have downloaded xwdock2.0beta.zip as I found "... and probably works fine on Windows XP." on the web site.

There seems to be a problem with shortcuts? It seems to work fine together with the files.

O.K., i will try it again later this year after I've got my W7.

Regards

Hi!

3. start of the app

how to overcome this?

Ok...how did you put your applications on dock? drag the shortcuts from desktop etc into the dock or...drag the applic .exe's into that dock?

Hi!

3. start of the app

how to overcome this?

Just move draging icon a bit right or left side and you will see how it takes a place on the dock, then drop it and it's done :)

As a temporary fix, I've found that copying the configuration over from, say, rocketdock will work.

1. open rocketdock\docklets\settings.ini
  2. copy the docklet you want
  3. open Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\XWindows Dock\Docklets
  4. open the ini of the docklet you want to paste it to
  5. paste

Thank you AndrewYY, it works, however it has been very difficult. I hope this will be upgrade in the next versions

Great app. I like the new version. Anyway it drives me crazy... read most of the posts, didn't understand a thing how to add a plug-in / or where to find what I need / - StackDocklet

I've been using RocketDock for a quite long time but had some problems and I've decided to use something else. Xwindows Dock v.5.6 is what I've downloaded but when I saw the new version I fall in love with it... but , how to ADD that StackDocklet or where to find it for v.2 'cause that's the onliest thing I need for those docks.

Solution ?

There are no other problems on Win7 x64

SOLVED

Edited by Narcot1c

Hi

I have just one question, is there a way to make the Dock (2.0.0. beta) stay on desktop when you click the "Show Desktop" (far to the right in the taskbar) "icon" in Windows 7? What I mean is, to have all windows (programs) minimize, but the Dock still up?

Thanks

Hmm, XWD still stays on the desktop for me when "clicking" on the Show desktop button, and infact the dock remains fully functional in this state...

However, the dock is not there if I only "hover" the mouse over the Show desktop button.

Is this not the behavior that you experience?

Hi,

I know I'm an idiot, but how do I change the skins? Where is the skins folder located?

Thanks!

1. Right click an empty part of the dock>>Preferences>>Skins (then you can cycle through the skins you have in the skins folder)

2. xwdock2.0beta\Skins

Edited by aka120

Hi all

nice to meet you all as i am new here and this is my first post. Could anyone help me on how to get a stackable my computer as i would like it so that it would stack all my system drives and using the open would open the my computer folder to is this possable becasue i just can not seem to figure it out ?

i am using windows 7

thanks for any help

Moved - mps69

Hi,

I have windows 7 ultimate x64 but it don't work, I click on XWD but nothing!

Best Regards

Do you have multiple monitors? If so, this is a known issue. It is believed to be fixed in the next version to be released.

If you do have multiple monitors.... Disable them, start XWD, and now you should see the dock on your primary monitor. (Then, you can re-enable your other monitor(s))

If you do not have multiple monitors, please disregard this post.

Edited by aka120

Do you have multiple monitors? If so, this is a known issue. It is believed to be fixed in the next version to be released.

If you do have multiple monitors.... Disable them, start XWD, and now you should see the dock on your primary monitor. (Then, you can re-enable your other monitor(s))

If you do not have multiple monitors, please disregard this post.

Yes I have multimonitor, now it work thanks!