Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - Help & Support

BOBAH13

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stacks wont work properly if i select a folder destination for it it will work fine and stacks will run but if i close the dock and open it again it says the stacks are empty, why wont the stacks save my settings?

I am using windows 7 home premium X32

Yep, there is a problem. Container plugin try to save your settings into the .ini file, but I think you placed the dock (and plugins) into C:\Programs Files\... and dock haven't rights to write into this folder, Container plugin haven't them too, therefore your settings aren't saved.

Solution:

Place dock into another folder (another disk). When I have time, I may fix this problem.

Thanks.

I just switched from ObjectDock to XWinDock today because I heard that it was excellent, and it seems that way so far, except for a few features. In ObjectDock, there is a setting to make all open or minimized windows appear in the right side of the dock as their own little docklets. They appear when open and disappear when closed (they aren't the ones that are permanently there).

Now that I started using XWD, I realized that I cannot figure out how to do this anymore. When I minimize windows, they are disappearing (luckily I have Switcher, which allows me to press the shortcut and then use the Expose feature to select the minimized window). Is there a way to enable the feature from OD into XWD and make it like a dock version of a taskbar on the right side of the dock, with the rest of it being the normal application shortcuts?

Thanks in advance!

I just switched from ObjectDock to XWinDock today because I heard that it was excellent, and it seems that way so far, except for a few features. In ObjectDock, there is a setting to make all open or minimized windows appear in the right side of the dock as their own little docklets. They appear when open and disappear when closed (they aren't the ones that are permanently there).

Now that I started using XWD, I realized that I cannot figure out how to do this anymore. When I minimize windows, they are disappearing (luckily I have Switcher, which allows me to press the shortcut and then use the Expose feature to select the minimized window). Is there a way to enable the feature from OD into XWD and make it like a dock version of a taskbar on the right side of the dock, with the rest of it being the normal application shortcuts?

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you try going to Preferences, Capture Windows and checking Minimize windows to the dock and selecting the Genie Effect?

1st post in the forum!

Hope i helped :)

Hey guys

I have some questions about this awsome new creation.

I recently used the older version of xwindows dock and I'm wondering if I can use old .xwd skins files with this new dock.

I also understand that it can take docklets and skins intended for rocketdock and objectdock?

And I remember the older version had a cool way of showing stacks of pictures.I mean this

gb.png

Is it some kind of plugin or is it just not yet implemented?

But new version is uglyyyy. Understand?

_________________________________________-

WHY NOT THANKING THE AUTHOR OF XWD INSTEAD OF POSTING LIKE THAT!!!

REMEMBER IT'S IN THE ALPHA OR BETA STAGE!! THIS APPLICATION IS FREE!! IF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE THE AUTHOR FOR GIVING THIS APP FREE, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT AND DON'T MAKE A COMMENT THAT CAN DISCOURAGE HIM TO CONTINUE THIS GREAT APP!!!!! :angry:

PEACE!!! ;)

Interesting dock. It's sure a lot different than others out there. The reflection is cool. Can you customize the icons for the stack like you can with the Matonga stack?

My main question is, how do you move it to a monitor other than primary? This is not obvious to me. :)

I have no clue about how to add skins etc..

I can't find panels under preferences.

The only things that comes up is "General" "Skins" and "Plugins" :S

P.S.

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

No need to use Preferences to add new skins for XWD. Everything what you have to do is just copy skins (folders) into \XWindows Dock\Skins\ folder, restart Preferences dialog and enjoy.

When 2.01 beta came out, I downloaded it to see what it was like, but since I've done that I keep getting the update icon telling me there's a new version available. Whenever I go to the site to download the new version, it turns out it's still the 2.01 beta - is there a legitimate reason for this, or is it just a problem in the beta that still needs ironing out? I couldn't find a topic specifically for the beta, so I thought this was probably the best place to ask?

Hey guys, I've been searching for a while, but don't found anything related to what I need.

I wanna know... there is some 5.6-like stack plugin avaliable? I mean... a stack that you don't need to create a folder to have icons...

Or simply a better stack plugin from the standard one...

Somebody knows?

I believe that this is the final version now? The bta wor has gone but am i dreaming or was there a magnification feature in the beta i downloaded some tme back which did not function but would have in the final version. Is this feature missing in the version available or was it just never there. f it is where is it?