Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - Help & Support

BOBAH13

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run into something that has become something of a puzzle, there seems to be no pattern in its behavior. When minimizing windows most minimize properly to the dock, while others will only minimize to the taskbar. Have tried all the different combinations in the settings regarding the capture window settings and cannot get the dock to successfully minimize all windows to the dock; since I'd removed the taskbar it makes it a bit stubborn when trying to work with the programs that won't minimize down correctly. This is on a win 7 ult x64 os; all the other features work flawlessly save this one. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Hello there! Great job. I just found this dock is great and usable. I registered here just to tell you, if it's ok to share the sourcecode of this app? i'm a coordinator, developer and graphics designer of Newgen http://newgen.codeplex.com/

I'd like to help with this app since you're not working on it anymore. I'll try to improve it. Then, i will send it to you (bobbah) the binary and sourcecode of my updates. and you will release it here (on your page). I don't want to claim this app. All i want is to improve it and you share it, since you don't have time for this project. My intention is to improve/update it because i saw there's alot of users really like your work with this app.

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Great dock by the way, the best looking one I've seen yet in all the years I've tried docs. Now I just wish it could be put on the sides like tabs, and have more than one (like ObjectDock Pro has). But what I'm here for is I have 1 problem. The Gmail Checker app for it, doesn't work. It's on the dock and tells me how many emails I have in a little circle above it, but when I click it nothing happens, I still have to open my browser and login to Gmail manually on the web... I don't know what is causing it, that's why I'm here - I can't fix it myself.

I cannot get any docklets to work.

I copied XAccuWeather into the Program Files(x86)/XWindows Dock/Docklets folder but when I restart the dock there is nothing.

Is it the wrong version of docklet for 2.0.3?

I also tried to copy the XAccuweather folder into the plugins folder but it won't come up under Add->Plugins

Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry but I forgot to say that this is an very cool/useful app. Thank you for your efforts!

Edited by onanboy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been running the dock for a few weeks now on win 7 64 bit and it worked like a charm, but some of the things in settings did not display correctly like monitor identification, and the stack plugin caused dock to crash...now after my main display got disconnected dock migrated to secondary display...after I reconnected main display dock went away for good...:-( now I've tried uninstaling and reinstaling the program but there are no changes in task manager dock appears to be working but there is nothing on either of two displays...and I've just gotten used to it...is there a way to fix this or to access the dock settings when dock is not properly displayed...tnx hope someone can fix this

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. I have a bug i hope you can help me with.

I have two monitors, and i try to put the dock in my second monitor.

I go to Preferences, and then i pick monitor two, and make sure that the settings for size is ok. (1680x1050)

And then my dock dissapear. !?

why does it dissapear, and what do i need to do in order to see the dock in monitor two ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm running Xwindows dock on W7 Ultimate N and had a bad issue with the dock v.2.0.3

When I click on the container from the plugin manager window I am able to ad the container to the dock, but when I click on it windows tells me that a file called MFPlat.dll is missing from my notebook and the animation of the container crashes.

I googled a bit on this file called MFPlat.dll and found that this file is missing on 'N' versions of w7. This file is normally brought in the pc when Windows media player and windows media center are regulary installed. On a topic of microsoft's site there is a users that says that the MFPlat.dll can be replaced by installing the Media Feature Pack. (---> only for genuine copies of w7...).

This is the link to the discussion: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdk/thread/befaf1e7-7bd1-4f17-88cc-ec41be274c74/

This is the link to the media feature pack: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=16546

Was this issue a problem for other users of the Xwindows dock?

Do you know how to solve this problem by not installing any s*it*y things of microsoft?

Thank you anyway! :)

p.s.: I've uploaded a screenshot. It's in Italian and the window says: ''It's impossible to start the program because MFPlat.dll is missing from your notebook. To solve the problem, try installing again the program.''

post-144082-0-14747700-1327911333_thumb.

Edited by squerez

Hi i am running Xwindows Dock 2.0.3.0 on Win 7. I am using the container plug-in, i have assigned each container with path of a folder which contains shortcuts of softwares in them. I can't see the image of some icons through the container but i can see them if i open it in a folder. I have attached an image of the problem to make things clear. is this normal??

post-144107-0-85582000-1327960101_thumb.

• 1 month later...

I have stumbled upon what may be a large problem. I have windows 7 professional (x64). I used an hdmi cable, duplicated desktop, and played videos on my television from my computer. Everything up to this point worked. Then, I changed my display back to single monitor. Here's the problem: clicking on xwindowsdock partially locked up my computer. Before the lock up, this program also relocated itself from the bottom of the screen to the top-right corner of the screen and into the start menu. I received a message saying that xwindowsdock is not responding and couldn't use the start menu. Windows key + L didn't log me off -- I needed to ctrl + alt delete to log off and log back on. Please fix it. I appreciate your time.

edit (April 20th, 2012): May you also add a feature, so when I right-click an item, I get its system options in addition to the xwindowdock ones?

- Grabby

Edited by grabbypatty
  • 2 months later...

Tried it too.

However I stick to RUNME because XWDock may have beautiful graphics but on my powerful computer it lags, hangs, pauses and never really *flows* as quickly as others.

(win 7 x64 12Gb i7).I believe that it's not developed anymore as 2.0.3 is quite old now, maybe that's why it's not updated to fix all sort of bugs mentioned.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hosting

Superb Website Hosting Suggestions For Any Individual To Work With

You may have issues choosing a service which is trustworthy and provides the features that you desire. Discovering the right number is hard as a result of a variety of options available. The tips integrated on this page will provide you with the main advantage of the skills of your own peers who may have been through the most detrimental and come out with an online hold that proved helpful in the long run.

When you have selecting your internet web hosting firm, you ought to choose to make obligations every month, as opposed to committing to a prolonged time frame. You can't forecast what your small business will likely be or what your variety is going to do from the forthcoming a few months. When your organization expands too large for that variety or your company closes, you may drop the funds you paid out, unless the hold claims normally.

Web hosting service providers benefit their standing, because you can find out so much from what end users statement. Study website hosts to determine what have got a dependable standing and a lengthy document of proper service. This may also help you organize out those which don't have a very good track record.

Certain internet hosts will help you to receive a reimbursement proportional to the quantity of down time your internet site suffers. This will never be a great deal of return in comparison to a damage in revenue during the down time. You ought to decide on a hosting remedy that gives reliable uptime as opposed to reimbursements to be traditional.

In case your internet hosting support gives on the web chats, forums or putting up boards, then use them for direct access to specifics of them. If you can enquire about your issues, it is possible to exclude solutions that won't do the job. Choosing the right host company will likely be much easier once you affirmed by very good reviews. When you can speak with a recent client of your organization, they will most likely be the most effective individual to learn information about a company you are searching for.

When you are a amateur in web site design, go for a hosting company that offers wonderful customer care rather than a lots of bells and whistles. When you start off there are a lot of inquiries that turn up in your head about hosting, so you're planning to require a variety which includes fantastic customer care available and able to solution all of your inquiries. The technical support that you just will receive from your organization with excellent customer support will probably be much more beneficial to you than the usual package deal of capabilities you may never use.

Are you currently thinking of internet hosting your website by using a cost-free host company? It is advisable to keep your individual backups of all the your essential info, given that cost-free hosting professional services often have little back up solutions, if any. Consequently, if something fades away, you're out of luck.

Pick your variety according to a variety of criteria instead of generating your selection according to cost by itself. Abandon your alternatives available so that you can determine what works for you. Take a look at all variables before you choose your host and then decide on a plan which happens to be within your budget. Make sure that the host provides almost everything needed.

When selecting a web internet hosting organization, it may be beneficial to decide on one which has received several prizes. In case a firm has lots of hosting awards, for example, this can provide a great feeling of the support and repair they provide. Through an award is an excellent indication the internet hosting clients are reputable and contains several content customers. Seek out hosts who have won prizes which were awarded based upon client votes they are your best bet.

Make sure you know any straight down instances your web hosting assistance might have planned. It is right for the upkeep being appointed no more than monthly. If it's more often than that, it can lead to an excessive amount of downward time to your site.

If transferring your site to another number is a thing you are looking for, make sure to analysis into regardless of whether you will be allowed to move your domain name. Some hosts will keep your website name whenever you abandon. Then you will need to change your label, complicated your number of years visitors.

A great deal of online hosts will offer you a couple of add-ons that go with what their service, nevertheless these capabilities change from variety to host. Keep with the firms that supply the assistance you require. As an example, some functions may only be around on greater-priced ideas, so be on the lookout for appropriate terms and conditions.

While searching for a web-based variety, carry out some additional research on the internet besides basically looking at the host's site and marketing components. Head to sites which are independent and possess no link to your company, then read customer reviews there. These critiques will allow you to recognize a top quality assistance utilizing hosts.

Some internet hosts use a more substantial variety to provide their solutions to you personally. These businesses get a block of room about the server for a cheap price, and transform a return by renting place to more compact internet sites. You can even examine out diverse online hosts under the exact same company, since you may look for a far better bargain using this method!

Study your agreement cautiously, and get the internet host company to explain any uncertain terminology to you personally. Fees and conditions is definitely not conveniently apparent within the primary written text of your contract. No sales hype will point them in the market to you. Consider the total cost of the support, which includes create service fees and fees and penalties for early cancellation, before signing around the dotted collection.

An online number must have several back links in case their main 1 goes traditional. Ensure the web hosts you are looking at have this. If your web host merely has 1 interconnection to the web, this is often dangerous mainly because that in case it is traditional, your internet site will also go traditional. Make sure the business has redundant contacts which all of these contacts can do assisting your website.

To conclude, it can be tough for the greatest hosting company. As a result of large number of elements that need to be considered, it can be hard to find out which hosting company will probably be suitable. Here are some ideas in choosing an online number to accommodate your business.