Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - Help & Support

BOBAH13

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not work :( Win 7 x64 ... i try install vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe ... not help

I suggest to all W7 users that update you system using Windows Update. A hell problem can be easily solved doing this. Also, I'd like to say to you update your DirectX aswell, using this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

I've solved many problems with XBMC only updating my DX9 files. This may help on dock too.

I suggest to all W7 users that update you system using Windows Update. A hell problem can be easily solved doing this. Also, I'd like to say to you update your DirectX aswell, using this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

I've solved many problems with XBMC only updating my DX9 files. This may help on dock too.

you can be right,im updating my windows 7 32 bit now.will let you know.

People who have problems with starting the dock (run it but not see anything on the screen), I think we found the problem and trying to fix it. Do you have more than one monitor ?

yes ... 2x GTX285 SLI and 3 monitors... and yes, if enable only 1 monitor XWD will run normaly... i hope you fix this :)

Edited by vatson

People who have problems with starting the dock (run it but not see anything on the screen), I think we found the problem and trying to fix it. Do you have more than one monitor ?

I have 2 monitors on my desktop aswell.

win7 build 7100

so yeah.

would be awesome if that could be fixed.

1. What is a plugin ? Where have you taken it ?

2. What do you do to make dock to shut down ?

3. About example - please describe, it works well for me. Cannot you click on it (right button) and click on "Remove from dock" ? It's nor true of course.

sorry for my not proper description,

the problem is that when i put some plugins from Objective Dock to Xwdowck(under plugins/docklet), sometimes it could be shut down when i choose from the manu of add--plugin----

and some plugins, such like stackdocklet could work but i could not change the icon and i did not know why.

another problem is that where is the virual effects ??

Thank you very much...

you did a great job.

i upgraded my windows 7 because thought it will sort out problem but it didnt work.

i think problem is when i run itunes with windows aero themes it crashes but when i run i tunes with basic themes(sorry dont know how u say in english)it works well.

Edited by romeooh

I've got a problem here. I guess a bug? Here:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 8.0.7600.16385

Application Timestamp: 4a5bc69e

Fault Module Name: XWDkernel.dll

Fault Module Version: 5.4.10.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000036cf

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 13321

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This error came out after installing Xwindows Dock. My Internet Explorer is saying this 'XWDkernel.dll' is doing something wrong out of it. I also read other user's problem that they can't start IE and Nero Vision because of this fault. Please, anyone knows how to fix this? In order to use my IE again, I need to close XWD first and run IE.

there are a couple things i noticed. the older version of XWD would pop up if i was to put the mouse at the bottom of the screen (ex. if i have firefox open and put the mouse at the bottom center of the screen, XWD would pop up over firefox) XWD 2.0 doesnt do that.

the 2nd issue is one that i ran across with the first version too. i run this on my laptop, and whenever i put the computer in hibernate, and then turn it back on, either XWD is totally gone and i have to restart it, or the icons are all gone. it should still be running on the bottom of the screen because i never close it. any suggestions?

I finally went up to this new version after having problems with the old xwdock running with the IE. This one works fine and great. Simpler and straightforward.

I am running this nice dock on a Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600) laptop.

:D I am looking forward for the official release soon! ;)

Edited by bbmadzky

Hi Bobah13, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but is this release, (the beta) a portable application? As in, can we run this from a thumbdrive and does it not make any changes to the system outside it's own folder?

Also, if your XWD v2.0 is portable, will the final version be as well?

Thank in advance.

I thought about it, anyway, by default it's not portable, but in the next release you can create a .lnk and add argument "-p" it means that dock starts as protable version, and all data will be stored in the same folder as a dock.

Edited:

Hello Vladimir! I'd not like to translate it! Ask it and say in Russian. So, about aero in windows 7, whole reflections do not work, only in the simple mode. Is it can be fixed ?

Source:

ЗдравÑтвуйте, Владимир! Ðе хочу через переводчик переводить! Спрошу и Ñкажу по-руÑÑки (но видимо тут не положено)! )))))) Так что по поводу работы в Aero режиме в 7 винде, полные Ð¾Ñ‚Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð½Ðµ работают, а только в обычном Ñтилевом режиме. Это как-то излечимо или нет?

Еще раз выражу Ñвои воÑÑ…Ð¸Ñ‰ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¿Ð¾ поводу дока. Это бомба! ПроÑто мозг вынеÑло, когда увидел что Ð¾Ñ‚Ñ€Ð°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»Ð½Ð¾Ñтью динамичеÑкие вÑего и вÑÑ Ð¸ Ñ Ñ‚Ð°Ðº понÑл что Ñ‰Ð°Ñ Ð²Ñе Ñто на видÑху возложено! ПроÑто Ñупер! Охота увидеть и вÑе оÑтальное теперь и Ñтеки и ÑворачиваемоÑÑ‚ÑŒ окон в док! Так что Ñ Ð½ÐµÑ‚ÐµÑ€Ð¿ÐµÐ½Ð¸ÐµÐ¼ жду релиза! СпаÑибо вам! :)

About reflections. In aero mode you can see only wallpaper, and may be icons and selection area on the desktop without windows and so on. But begining next releast you should enable Aero to use all features of the dock :) I'm working on them now, and it's rather cool! Trust me :)

About video card, no, you are not right :) reflection is working in another thread, with assembler code (not c/c++), and use double-buffered memory, therefore dock repaints only then, when something is changed above on the screen.

Thanks. I'm glad that you like it :)

hi bobah im happy you fixing aero problem,remember it was me told about aero first and now i just clicked this link
/>http://www.apple.com/ipad/#video

to watch a video and wmy windows 7 went to simple mod from aero.

hope you will fix it too.

thank you so much.

Edited by romeooh