Xwdock 2.0.0.0 - Help & Support

BOBAH13

Guest Di7ra

Hello.

I have got a problem with .ico files in XWD. Look at the sreenshot, please: [link]. It's running on Windows 7.

It looks like XWD doesn't use properly size formats from ico files when here isn't problem with one-sized png images (those are in blue circles on screenshot).

Edited by Di7ra
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feature request: allow to launch more than one istance of target program, not like now: you launch cmd.exe from dock, next time you click same icon - you switch to already running cmd.exe.

XWD must act as launcher, not task switcher ?!

Edited by DaanLT

I cannot configure any of the docklets for some reason. An example is the Weather, or even a clock application. I am running Vista (32bit) and trying to install docklets for Objectdock. When i right click on the icon, i am able to see "configure" or "update now" but when i click on them nothing happens.

I have purchased Objectdock Plus, but i love the graphics of the Xwdock, and the skins available are so much better. I would love to continue using Xwdock. Is there any way i can fix my problem? Is it a problem i am facing because of some bad configuration? or is this a problem most are facing? I noticed that someone did touch on the topic, but it didnt go anywhere (unless i missed something)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also, any ideas on when the next release is out?

feature request: allow to launch more than one istance of target program, not like now: you launch cmd.exe from dock, next time you click same icon - you switch to already running cmd.exe.

XWD must act as launcher, not task switcher ?!

something like shift+click to start a new task would be pretty sweet.

I cannot configure any of the docklets for some reason. An example is the Weather, or even a clock application. I am running Vista (32bit) and trying to install docklets for Objectdock. When i right click on the icon, i am able to see "configure" or "update now" but when i click on them nothing happens.

I have purchased Objectdock Plus, but i love the graphics of the Xwdock, and the skins available are so much better. I would love to continue using Xwdock. Is there any way i can fix my problem? Is it a problem i am facing because of some bad configuration? or is this a problem most are facing? I noticed that someone did touch on the topic, but it didnt go anywhere (unless i missed something)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Also, any ideas on when the next release is out?

The solution found was to configure it inside another dock, and copy the configuration into XWD's folder in application data. I explained it more detail in an earlier post here. Basically, you can't do it right inside XWD at the moment. Not a huge problem since configuring a docklet isn't something that you do that often anyway. Edited by AndrewYY

Hmm, I noticed with XWD update 2.0.1.0, after updating, it is still notifying about an update everytime it is started. No biggie, just something i noticed.

Loving the drag support in the stacks Bobah, and the expose is pretty nifty too!!! :D

Also, as you stated on the homepage, the performance looks good, and i see you took care of that issue where XWD was using 1-2% cpu constantly.

Really great stuff...Cheers! :D

Edited by aka120

cool update, wicked stacks docklet :D any chance of an SDK to go along with it some time in the future?

just one request so far: could you get it to hide the "lnk" extension for shortcuts? At the moment, all of my stacks are shortcuts to applications, and it looks kind of odd with those being displayed.

msgoxe.jpg

In the image:

1. When i load XWD, that separator should not be there, i delete it but it keeps on loading that separator.

2. When i load WXD, there should be a shortcut to my PICS folder, i add it but it keeps not loading that single shortcut.

3. In the grid, the icon saying DIRT2, should be a shortcut to the game (as show in that window), but it shows a folder icon, and when i click it, it opens my png's folder, not the game, this happens even when it is Gallery, stacks or grid.

Stuff is stacks too, but it has no bug.

I moved to XWD cuz i had problems with the Stacks function on every load, but now i come here and it has problems too =/

msgoxe.jpg

In the image:

1. When i load XWD, that separator should not be there, i delete it but it keeps on loading that separator.

2. When i load WXD, there should be a shortcut to my PICS folder, i add it but it keeps not loading that single shortcut.

3. In the grid, the icon saying DIRT2, should be a shortcut to the game (as show in that window), but it shows a folder icon, and when i click it, it opens my png's folder, not the game, this happens even when it is Gallery, stacks or grid.

Stuff is stacks too, but it has no bug.

I moved to XWD cuz i had problems with the Stacks function on every load, but now i come here and it has problems too =/

What version of xwd you're using?

This tread is for XWINDOWSDOCK 2, You are using xwindowsdock 5.6 right? :blink:

download the latest version of XWD2.0.1.0. it has better STACKS plugin :)

Edited by ramonflores

I think the above 2 posts relate to this one; I don't mean to beat a dead horse but...

Does anybody know how to add/change the stack container icon? Can this be done currently? At present, when a stack is created, it shows on the dock as just the contents of the stack. Maybe this hasn't been implemented yet?

cool update, wicked stacks docklet :D any chance of an SDK to go along with it some time in the future?

just one request so far: could you get it to hide the "lnk" extension for shortcuts? At the moment, all of my stacks are shortcuts to applications, and it looks kind of odd with those being displayed.

I think the above 2 posts relate to this one; I don't mean to beat a dead horse but...

Does anybody know how to add/change the stack container icon? Can this be done currently? At present, when a stack is created, it shows on the dock as just the contents of the stack. Maybe this hasn't been implemented yet?

that's all I'd like to see soon. ability to customize both icon and file name of the stack icon AND the stacked icons displayed when you click it. i hope you will get what I mean. thanks a lot bobah, this is already great.

Bug report: XWD 2.0.1 on Windows 7 32bit, Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M.

Problem Description: After resuming from hibernation, dock is not visible on screen.

• XWD.exe IS visible in Task Manager
  • You can hover mouse where dock SHOULD exist but only labels appear, nothing else is visible
  • Right-clicking or Left-clicking where dock should be, does nothing regarding dock.
  • Exit dock by killing via Task Manager

Let me know if you need any other info.

HI,

i have this problem; After a few minutes the dock is lock and in the Task Manager I see 2 processes being, and i can't add some new shortcuts & icons....someone have this problem too?

ps: sorry for my bad english :)

Edited by Heatmaker