Lets Play Mafia Wars

Gather around and lets play a game of wits. Trust me, I've played it on other forums and its rather fun.

Basic Rules:

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases. Usually the first is Night. During Night, the Town can not communicate, but the Mafia can discuss and choose someone to murder. After the Moderator has received the name of the victim, the Moderator reveals the dead player, and Day begins.

During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it is once again Night.

The game alternates between Night and Day until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else.

If you're having trouble understanding how to play, click on the following link and then click on basic sample on the left hand side of the screen: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf It's a simple game, but rather fun. It should definitely get this forum more active if people play.

With that said, I shall be the moderator for this game and shall need and odd number of participants (7 for this game since it's doubtful that anyone has ever played . . . just as is the case in the basic sample provided in my link, though I'm willing to allow more assuming more than 7 peopel are interested)

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

If there are any extra questions that concern this game's setup, feel free to ask.

PS:

Usually in games, all players have roles that grant them abilities, but for this game, I'll keep it simple, so the game will be EXACTLY like the basic sample game you found in the link.

Edited by scissorhands7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...