Flyakitesosx Problem With Vlc Media Player

dtrobson099

I'm having a problem getting VLC Media Player to work now that I've installed FlyakiteOSX v3.5. Below is the error text:

vlc.exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.DLL occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

Any insight would be appreciated.

not much insight to offer you at this time but a workaround.. http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable

See if you can run a portable version of VLC..

Your problem may have something to do with using the 128 large icon option when installing the flyakite. Did you select this option during setup?

Thanks - I think I did use the 128 option. Any way to undo this without completely uninstalling or going back to my restore point? I'll give VLC mobile a shot too.

Edit: Quickly trying out VLCPortable, it gets through the splash screen with no errors, but fails to play a video. No error, it just never brings anything up.

I'm thinking maybe I'll dump everything to a USB drive and try this again on a fresh install of Windows XP Media Center if all else fails.

Edited by dtrobson099
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...