Resurrecting Rk Launcher Soon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My opinion. I like the way it is. Light, Simple and Sweet. we can add anything (through docklets) whatever we want. So there's no need for anything. Wht I mean is please don't fill it with all tht gadgets and heavy stuffs. It'll make it slow. But please do update it to make it stable (though I never had any problem with RKlauncher). and one more thing .. RKlauncher ROCKS :D :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Radu, long time indeed, but your DOCK resurrection is waited by all those using customizable systems. Many have already requests, but they have first to wait for a version that suits new M$ OS'es. I was part of the project on Windows Edge where there appeared some developments under Yoni's guidance. For the moment I am really happy to hear (even after half a year) your aim. Congratulations on making this fine app that still runs on every 32 bit M$ system. biggrin.gif

Edited by auqs10
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

YES definately! RkLauncher is an amazing program! It's the most stable and un-bloated dock i've used, it's sweet and simple and smooth on the surface, but powerful under the hood. PLEASE Keep it un-bloated.

Maybe the open-source community can help to nut out the bugs that plague it's current state if you haven't the time for it anymore.

The only two things that really affect is that my start menu gets graphics glitches after i mouse over rkLauncher (and the magnification function or margin hotspot function effect it) (see bug report here: Post 544 AND Adding Multi-Monitor support would be a God-send!.

A powerful and customisable stack docklet that works with rkLauncher would be great also! as it would almost be enough for me so that i could replace my start menu with rkLuancher for all it's beautiful eye candy; although i think RKlauncher has a long way to go before it can be stable enough for that.

Fingers crossed that rkLauncher matures a bit more, thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for your resurrection. It's always been the favorit gadget on my XP and really want the same on my 64bit se7en.

Thanks for the great stuff.

You guys realize he is NEVER going to resurrect this? He said that over a year ago look at the date. It's dead. Good launcher too. I can't even get it to work

anymore though. :(

• 2 months later...

Bueno ...

El programa es excelente. Lo seguiré usando igual que mi entorno de amigos y familiares.

Quizás no se pueda actualizar por ser esto muy difícil. Y teniendo a ObjectDock como rival, creo que es demasiado pedirles.

Sin embargo muchas gracias por lo entregado hasta la v. 0.41. Repito: lo seguiré usando hasta donde pueda, muchas gracias.

• 10 months later...

raduking,

if this thing is dead please close this topic.

otherwise let us know how things are working out.

i am using the latest version with a few bugs (sometimes crashing, when checking mail with the docklet).

i will be happy to see a smooth version coming out soon and willing to pay for!

fred

• 3 years later...