Nvmonitor Docklet For Objectdock

Smaky

This is a quick & dirty nVidia GPU monitor Docklet I have just created mainly for myself and my darn 8800 GTS card that has been running quite hot lately. It uses nvapi from nvidia to query GPU Physical procressor(s) for temperature readings.

It is a very early beta, that is not very customizable. I will be adding more features later (like letting you select the GPU you want to monitor, or the temperature sensor to display) right now it only show temp readings for the very first sensor and GPU found.

Try it out if you have nvidia based graphics card. Any feedback would be greately appreciated.

BTW: It only work for nVidia cards. I am not sure if something similar could be done for an ATI based one, neither I have one to test with.

Update: 06/10/2010: Added option to show temp in °F/°C

post-79521-127105023938_thumb.png

post-79521-127105025003_thumb.png

post-79521-127105025744_thumb.png

post-79521-127105027132_thumb.png

post-79521-127105028087_thumb.png

NvMonitor - 0.1.0.0b.zip

Edited by Smaky
  • 1 month later...

Seems to work pretty well -- I have an Asus ULVT50 with an nVidia GeForce G210M GPU and for some reason it overheats a lot when I'm on battery. My only suggestion is perhaps allowing display in Fahrenheit. I live in the United States and Celsius isn't immediately useful when I glance at the docklet.

Lazy me... I know I should add such an option... but you know! Well, I'll update it this weekend so you may select between °C & °F.

Option added... download and configure the docklet to show °F/°C

Seems to work pretty well -- I have an Asus ULVT50 with an nVidia GeForce G210M GPU and for some reason it overheats a lot when I'm on battery. My only suggestion is perhaps allowing display in Fahrenheit. I live in the United States and Celsius isn't immediately useful when I glance at the docklet.

Edited by Smaky