Xwindows Dock 2.0.3.x

A lot of internal work to improve stability and speed of the dock.

Some minor visible changes:

- icons 256x256 are now correctly displayed

- add an optional "drawer" icon for the container

- add an optional automatic lock of the icons (after add or delete)

- add a choice to move the dock to next monitor with the menu

That's all!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good day!

Downloaded "Check Mail Docklet v0.1" for RocketDock not working "Check ... settings" button.

The plugin window has not called yet?

Good news!

I'have fixed that, and docklets which use dialog box (like Check Mail) are now working with XWindows Dock!!!

Download the latest version 2.0.3.20 for this fix.

Regard's,

Filandre

Edited by Filandre1

I'm glad you engaged in the development of xwindows 2.0.3x. Unfortunately I am not a programmer and so I can not help. I think most people now want to actually see the icons zoom (magnification) and minimize windows to the dock. I made use of several docks just as a way to test the truth I tell you, xwindows dock is far above any other. I have today version 5.6 on my windows 7 x64 and am testing the new version on windows 8 x64.

I admire your courage and dedication to this project. Congratulations with all my sincerity ..

Edited by RcNuke

First of all, congratulations for the excellent work and commitment.

I wanted to make known a couple of bugs that I found on utime versions.

1.Execute a program for example IcoFX by container from version v.1.0.4.0 program settings will be saved in the folder rather than the XWindowsDock IcoFX crashing the program.

In the version of the container v.1.0.2.0 problem was not present.

2.Add the bar portable programs like PortableApps indicator does not appear even if the program is running.

Sorry for the bad english I used a translator.

Congratulations again you are great.

Edited by joker76

Thank's for all your congratulations :)

I wanted to make known a couple of bugs that I found on utime versions.

1.Execute a program for example IcoFX by container from version v.1.0.4.0 program settings will be saved in the folder rather than the XWindowsDock IcoFX crashing the program.

In the version of the container v.1.0.2.0 problem was not present.

I just downloaded IcoFX 2.3.1 and put it in a container, then run it, view some icons, close and run it a few times without problems... Maybe I didn't understood your explanation :wacko:.

2.Add the bar portable programs like PortableApps indicator does not appear even if the program is running.

I also downloaded PortableApps with some apps like "Cook Timer" (I didn't knew these things, they are pretty but not very small, and some icons are ugly!). All works well with XWD but when I minimized the Cook Timer, it's indicator lights off because it is going to the taskbar... I will fixed that in a future update.

Edited by Filandre1

Thank's for all your congratulations :)

I just downloaded IcoFX 2.3.1 and put it in a container, then run it, view some icons, close and run it a few times without problems... Maybe I didn't understood your explanation :wacko:.

I also downloaded PortableApps with some apps like "Cook Timer" (I didn't knew these things, they are pretty but not very small, and some icons are ugly!). All works well with XWD but when I minimized the Cook Timer, it's indicator lights off because it is going to the taskbar... I will fixed that in a future update.

I'm sorry I messed up was not IcoFX.

This is mostly for games like

Age of Empires

Age of Empires 2

Age of Empires 3

Age of Mythology

Or for example ("D: \ Games \ Warcraft III \ Warcraft III.exe"-windowed) the game normally starts in the command window instead "-windowed" is ignored and start full screen

And as I said the problem was not present with v.1.0.2.0

As for the test PortableApps Firefox Portable, you will notice that the indicator is never displayed.

This applies to most of the PortableApps.

Then I wanted to ask a question

Why is the container in grid mode is much slower than the fan?

I would like to end up with a suggestion for a future version

I'd like to change the icon size and font of the container

and it would be nice to sort by name by date by size, the contents of the container.

Now I salute you and thank you so much for your time.

Lately you have become my idol.

Hello

joker76

Edited by joker76

This is mostly for games like

Age of Empires

Age of Empires 2

Age of Empires 3

Age of Mythology

Or for example ("D: \ Games \ Warcraft III \ Warcraft III.exe"-windowed) the game normally starts in the command window instead "-windowed" is ignored and start full screen

And as I said the problem was not present with v.1.0.2.0

Try the new version 2.0.3.21, I made a patch which fix the crash I think.

As for the test PortableApps Firefox Portable, you will notice that the indicator is never displayed.

This applies to most of the PortableApps.

No, the indicator disappear only for apps which are minimized in the right of the windows taskbar. The indicator for Firefox for example stay displayed.

I suggest you to uninstall XWD before installing the new version (your own parameters are not destroyed when uninstalling XWD).

Then I wanted to ask a question

Why is the container in grid mode is much slower than the fan?

Simply because there is more icons in grid mode...

I would like to end up with a suggestion for a future version

I'd like to change the icon size and font of the container

and it would be nice to sort by name by date by size, the contents of the container.

I noted this suggestions for a future update.

Bye,

Filandre

With regard to the container the problem persists.

I am attaching sample image.

By starting the game from the container instead of saving the settings in the game folder, are saved in XWindows Dock crashing the game.

As regards the PortableApps I am attaching image to show that even if (Firefox Portable.exe) is initiated the indicator does not appear.

With regard to the speed of the grid mean a folder containing 5 files and fan mode is still swift-footed.

I have a problem with the focus of the bar, if I open a window, the bar remains in the background and the border does not work.

I'm so sorry for the trouble you wreaked.

it is difficult to explain with a good translator are Italian.

A greeting and thanks again.

joker76

post-110713-0-02293900-1352887790_thumb.

post-110713-0-49722200-1352887841_thumb.

Edited by joker76

With regard to the container the problem persists.

I am attaching sample image.

By starting the game from the container instead of saving the settings in the game folder, are saved in XWindows Dock crashing the game.

I fixed this in version 2.0.3.22 (it was hard for me to understand the problem :blink:).

As regards the PortableApps I am attaching image to show that even if (Firefox Portable.exe) is initiated the indicator does not appear.

Here, I don't have this problem, even with FirefoxPortable.exe (downloaded this morning with PortableApps.com). Only one icon appear on my dock not two like you, have you try to "hide" (menu options) the icon without the indicator? Maybe it is not usefull...

With regard to the speed of the grid mean a folder containing 5 files and fan mode is still swift-footed.

I never notice significant different speed for the same number of files...

I have a problem with the focus of the bar, if I open a window, the bar remains in the background and the border does not work.

Another problem I can't understand :(, can you explain it in french, or maybe in italian (I will try to translate) ?

Provo a spiegarmi in italiano.

Il problema con i giochi ora è risolto (sei il numero 1)

Ho 2 icone di Firefox Perchè ho trashinato sulla barra FirefoxPortable.exe e lo eseguo da li e non dal container.

Per quanto riguarda l'ultimo punto prova a seguire questi passaggi

1.avvia firefox fino a coprire la barra

2.apri una cartella a caso

3.ritorna su firefox

a questo punto la barra rimane sempre nascosta (uso il metodo border)

se chiudo la cartella la barra ritorna a funzionare correttamente.

Ciao e scusa il lavoro extra che ti sto facendo fare (le mie non vogliono essere critiche) ammiro molto il lavoro che stai facendo.

joker76.

Ho 2 icone di Firefox Perchè ho trashinato sulla barra FirefoxPortable.exe e lo eseguo da li e non dal container.

Try this: Choose option "Keep in Dock" for the icon which has an indicator, and unselect this option for the other icon. Not better?

For the other problem, I understand the dock stay hidden by other windows when a container is open. Ok, I will fix that later, now it's time to sleep (for me)...

Release 23 is right now?

About Firefox, I insist: The process "FirefoxPortable.exe" (size only 160kb) is just the laucher of another process (Firefox.exe, size about 50000kb) which has the indicator running. You must keep this one on the dock and launch only it. You can always ignore the first one and remove it from the dock.

Filandre

The Problem of the bar remains hidden as in the movie.

By various tests it seems that sometimes remains hidden and other times it works

It seems that the problem is the window is minimized if it works well, but if the window is in the background creates problems.

joker76

Edited by joker76

The mouse must stay on the border a little time (about half a second) to put the dock above all windows.

I think I have identified the problem.

When the window is open if it is to cover the bar even partially works.

If the window does not cover the bar will remain hidden.

I uploaded a video for you to understand the problem better.

http://tinypic.com/r/107l20l/6

joker76

Edited by joker76

It was really a vicious bug! Release 24 fix it.

Thank you very MUCH :)

Filandre

Now it works perfectly. :lol:

In a future version I'd like the chance to be able to disable the navigation in the container.

Thank you so much for solving this annoying problem.

XWindowdock is becoming the state of the art thanks to your efforts, thanks again for the time you gave me.

joker76

The problem is that if you run "Firefox.exe" portability would be lost, as "FirefoxPortable.exe" deals to save the settings in the "FirefoxPortable \ Data".

For many years I am portable applications, and I can assure you that an application to be portable must use his launcher.

In the "XWindowsDock v.2.0.3.0" indicator to "FirefoxPortable.exe" was displayed as an image attachment.

post-110713-0-00527600-1353229922_thumb.

Then I wanted to ask if it was possible to increase the speed of opening the container, such as the "Mac" or "StackDocklet."

As always, thanks for listening to my requests.

joker76