Xwindows Dock 2.0.3.x

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello cmattis,

I put an already installed directory of XWindows Dock here: xwdock2.03.25-exe.zip

You can copy this directory into "My Documents" (or other) on your work computer, that will work fine!

Regards,

Filandre

First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH! This "installed" beautifully now. By the way, and forgive me if this has already been addressed in this thread, but is there a way of having the windows minimize to the dock?

Thanks again! You rock. :)

Sorry, the link is now in english (I hope...).

Filandre

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The link is in English, but when I install the latest "pre-installed" version, the application is in another language (French?). When I "right click" on the dock, everything is in French. Is there a way to change that to English? Thanks.

Sorry. I should have been more clear. The link is in English, but when I install the latest "pre-installed" version, the application is in another language (French?). When I "right click" on the dock, everything is in French. Is there a way to change that to English? Thanks.

??? I just downloaded the zipped file, extract it, then run XWD.exe and all is well in english!

If not, you can click "Outils" then "Langue: Anglais" in the menu...

??? I just downloaded the zipped file, extract it, then run XWD.exe and all is well in english!

If not, you can click "Outils" then "Langue: Anglais" in the menu...

Thanks so much. That fixed it. I really appreciate it. By the way, you mentioned that it's not possible to minimize windows to the dock in XWD. Are you sure? I have an old version (I think it's version 5.6?) and it minimizes to the dock with genie effect. Thanks.

...By the way, you mentioned that it's not possible to minimize windows to the dock in XWD. Are you sure? I have an old version (I think it's version 5.6?) and it minimizes to the dock with genie effect. Thanks.

After version 5.6, BOBAH13 (the original developer) remade the dock from scratch and never got to code the windows minimize (therefore, no genie effect either) nor the dock animation.

firstoff thanks to Filandre1 for all the hard work and efforts. i recently reinstalled windows and upgraded xwindock to the latest and stable release. the updates are epic with the exception of one. the containter plugin has been modified. i had all my applications and needed folders as shortucts that when placed in a container functioned greatly. now the container opens the folders within itself. how can i change this? that was in my opinion the most useful function of the dock. please help, thnaks in advance.

hi! can you make the icons & dock itself animate together when "showing up" (after i open a fullscreen application)? or maybe you can add an option for this, in case others like the default way. It's not that much big deal for me but i think it looks better because in my PC it looks a little laggy especially when the dock has many icons in it. sorry for my english. thanks filandre1.

almost perfect! 

request:

minimize to dock (no genie animation is ok if you can't)

make app peek smooth. 

reserve screen is buggy. check it pls

==============

got bug: when i added container

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: XWD.exe

Application Version: 2.0.3.28

Application Timestamp: 50d945e9

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 03240600

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

================================

I REINSTALLED XWD BUT STILL I GET THIS ERROR. NOW I CAN'T USE THE LATEST  2.0.3.28 XWD :(

I TRIED THE OLD XWD AND IT WORKS. PLS UPDATE IT SO I CAN USE THE LATEST VERSION AGAIN :(
Edited by ramonflores

http://www.mediafire.com/?k0fh7fg3q28t5cf

i figured it out. i removed 

[13]

type=5

text=

path=H:\MOVIES\ContainerPublic.exe

icon=H:\MOVIES\Container-Empty.png

iconIndex=0

arguments=

workDirectory=

showAs=0

exec=1

publicUId=1

bounceable=0

activatable=1

exposable=0

folderWatcherList=FolderWatcherList1

[FolderWatcherList1]

FolderWatcher1=

[FolderWatcher1]

actions=37

id=1

folder=H:\MOVIES\

==========================================

i think container plugin is the problem

=========================================

pls check the reserve screen. sometimes the screenreserve is too big.

Edited by ramonflores

Effectively, there was a problem with THIS type of container, not with the container supplied with XWindows Dock.

Note that I don't make change to this plugin (it is written in C# and I don't want to learn this language); also, it remains some problems in this plugin that I'll don't fix.

IMO, it must be replaced by the one supplied with XWDock.

Regards,
Filandre

Edited by Filandre1

lol i tried the container supplied with xwd and it works great. and it doesn't even need to install .net framework 4.

I notice also the indicatiors colors. really nice feature. 

Also the matt feature. when i enable it, it also make icon reflections blur. nice feature again.

Also the improvements of xwd is really great. like the running apps is working great now. 

What i'm seeing now is minimize to dock feature is not important now. since "show all running apps in dock" is now working perfect. ;)

maybe try to implement a genie effect (or effect that you can do if you can't make genie effect) on icon when minimizing and restoring window/app.

Great work! :)

Thanks alot for your hardwork. I really appreciate it and enjoying this dock now (so much) than the last version 203.

btw, you must change the build version on next release to 2.0.4. you made this dock very useful than before. :D

However, screen reserved function still have problems. 

request: when i click icon again on opened windows/programs, it must be minimized. it's only bringing to front and making it active.

when it's already active, it must be minimize if i click the icon. 

Edited by ramonflores

thanks for new update. i think its almost near perfect now!

1.) Please make it only 1 second for the "tiled/grid view" of "similar" opened windows/applications to show up when left-click-holding the icon. (I think you made it 2 seconds now).

2.) Please make the dock auto-resize (when dock already full of icons in it)

3.) If possible make each opened windows explorer/Folder-shortcuts added to the dock have separate indicators. (but if thhis stupid, please ignore this one hehe)

4.) And please please please. hehe. make the "showing up" (i dont know how this called) of icons and dock itself "together" after i open a fullscreen application/window.

Or just add an option/check box for this particular option if others like how the present version "show up" animates.