Any Of The Originals Here Still

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just seeing that the last news entry is almost 5 years old makes me sad, but seeing all the stuff that was done here makes me feel fuzzy and warm.

it is sad to see that those days of modding and forums gone, especially since the growth of social media and smartphones.

you guys rock, those times were great

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I never posted much but used to hang around a lot. Still find myself poping in now and then (the forum's still on my home page links!). Maybe I'm just waiting for a dead site and then I can delete the link, in the meantime it's nice to reminisce sometimes :)

PS: I never got round to buying a mac, just found the visual style of Windows 7 (and now 8.1) meant I no longer experience mac envy (well not as much!).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2014 November 12 at 8:37:47 PM, alang said:

have no idea if anyone remember me. But I was the owner of osx-e.com, a site similar with aqua-soft. Sold that site 6 years ago to buy a Mac

I'm a year late responding to your post, but given the state of the site I don't think that's an issue.

I just wanted to say I vaguely remember that site. It's so surreal looking at these forums again after so many years. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On April 25, 2016 at 11:34:39 AM, jef said:

Greetings all.  Thought I'd stop by and see if the site was still up.  Anyone remember me?

Yeah jef, I remember you. Don't think we ever interacted, but it was hard to not notice you with that administrator flair :P

On November 29, 2015 at 9:04:40 AM, Kenta said:

I'm a year late responding to your post, but given the state of the site I don't think that's an issue.

I just wanted to say I vaguely remember that site. It's so surreal looking at these forums again after so many years. 

I remember crediting you for the idea of an avetunes skin I made.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there, nice to see a few names I remember :)

And thank you Timan for keeping the forum up. The mac/windows customisation movement might have slowed and slowed, but I appreciate being able to come back and find all the old posts and tutorials and links still up —instead of a giant 404.

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket, cricket. Nice to see familiar names. Good times, the days before Facebook and smartphones. Pretty sure I have one or two of you on there, especially if you were over at OCN as well.

And, similarly, re-reading my teenage-self's posts make me want to gouge my eyes out. I stumble upon it whenever I accidentally click it in my "Forums" bookmark folder, lol. First time though without the famous theme. When did that happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was the best of times (avetunes, susumu, dj, jonas, bz, etc.) and the worst of times (niobium, aqua story). This site helped nurture many of todays artists and designers/coders.

I think I have posted more on this forum than any other. 

Enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you!

Come to think of it, every other forum we probably frequented is dead (deskmod, pgp, gfxoasis, MT, hardwaregeeks, etc.). The only one I can think of is probably still around is neowin.net

Edited by aashish13
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy to see everyone stopping by to say hi... including the OSX-E gang ? Hi Alang! Hi Ghostwalker! Hi Khalua!

Highly agree with everyone here, it's weird to check into these places where I spent so much time as a kid. I hope life is treating all of you well! If anyone wants to keep in touch, I'm on Twitter @AriX.

Edited by AriX