Soo.. Is The Win To Mac Mod Scene Dead?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

people lost interest on it.

this place isnt even active anymore, thi has been the last thread made, 5 years ago i would be necrobumping or some shit, there isn't much to this place or something, hell even when i tried to change my avatar that tool seemed broken.

Edited by technogadget13
  • 4 weeks later...

As one of the original admins here, I certainly miss a lot about what we did back then. I moved on from all this, after learning more and more about UI, design, etc, into websites. I still dabble in Android mods, themes, and such, but most of that is done on the XDA forums.

I am glad this forum is still here for posterity. It's a nice slice of history. 

Timan and Clockwork - CHIME IN!

Hey Duckie!! I'm surprised that some of the old timers are still here. I just got out of my 5 year contract where I didn't have any time to even browse the old familiar sites that I have been frequenting. :)

Ever since it has been easier to run hackintoshes instead of emulating the look on windows 7 and 8, that is in my opinion one of the reasons why the slow down on sites like these.

• 1 month later...

Hey Duckie!

I'm really glad that Timan pays to keep the lights on over here.  This is a slice of history that I hope doesn't disappear anytime soon.  I'll swing by every five or six months.

Another reason that this place is slow might be that forums themselves are a pretty antiquated idea.  People communicate and share stuff in entirely different ways. 

My own forum is still kicking, meanwhile.  Do stop by:

http://emaculation.com/forum/

• 4 months later...

Pretty much gone I think... I reckon most of us went over to macs (I'm on my second).

Still pretty much into theming though... I went over to MacThemes when Shapeshifter was the main engine, now I'm on Yosemite using Flavours - ah! the nostalgia!

Tend to hang out at MacRumours these days. It's nice to come back now and again though!

• 4 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2015‎ ‎09‎:‎22‎:‎30, GameBoyzGB said:

Ever since it has been easier to run hackintoshes instead of emulating the look on windows 7 and 8, that is in my opinion one of the reasons why the slow down on sites like these.

Exactly, today people prefer make Hackintosh or OS X Virtualization or directly buy Mac :D rather than change the Windows visual style. I did it myself :D

Or even most people no longer has interest in the visual style and personalization. Just look at the new OS flat and shabby skin.

Anyway this forum with customization section especially, is a piece of history on the web, I hope it never will be deleted.

Edited by 1Al
  • 5 months later...

Came back here today to find the name of an artist I was a fan of back in the day. I ended up going though a bunch of my old post's, it's weird to read something I wrote in my teens...

I ended up just buying macs when I finally got a decent job, on a 2015 macbook pro 15" now. Looking back, everything we did was such a hack job, but it was all so much fun. I don't think I would have ever poked at the internals of windows as much as I did if it wasn't for this place, learned a lot. I really wish I didn't host everything I made here on my damn comcast account though :(

Anyways, miss this site, was the first online forum I felt I was a part of. As long as it's up i'm sure i'll end up poking around here again.

Thanks Timan!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey Duckie in case you catch this, although just about everyone has moved on from theming, I would still dabble once in a while and just recently decided to make a windows version of Apple's calculator and System Preferences including the little nuances that you see in Mac OS versions. It's just something to do to keep my mind sharp in my old age.

Annotation 2020-08-10 110446.png

extended calc.PNG

Captur2e.PNG

Captur2e.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2020 at 3:03 PM, GameBoyzGB said:

Hey Duckie in case you catch this, although just about everyone has moved on from theming, I would still dabble once in a while and just recently decided to make a windows version of Apple's calculator and System Preferences including the little nuances that you see in Mac OS versions. It's just something to do to keep my mind sharp in my old age.

Annotation 2020-08-10 110446.png

extended calc.PNG

Captur2e.PNG

Captur2e.PNG

Download links?

Also, off-topic. where can I find the old forum theme to download? I really wanna get a shot of that nostalgia

• 11 months later...

Sorry a virus got my drive and deleted most of my stuff which was why I never got to share the calculator. I found a partially working older version which is still buggy but I guess those who are interested might like to test it. Hopefully you will be able to download what I uploaded here. You need the calculator.exe and Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the same folder for it to work.

Calculator.zip