[request] Toolbar-bitmaps For Shell32.dll?

if you've ever noticed, alot of yztoolbar themes can easily be cut down into bitmaps for Shell32.dll. I believe (not sure) that on Yztoolbar themes, the first 16 or so icons/pics go to resource 204 and 205, and the rest are 215 and 214. I could be wrong on which resource numbers, but you can cut down Yztoolbar themes for Shell32.dll bitmaps easily

Originally posted by Stinger12348@Sep 30 2003, 03:56 AM

if you've ever noticed, alot of yztoolbar themes can easily be cut down into bitmaps for Shell32.dll.  I believe (not sure) that on Yztoolbar themes, the first 16 or so icons/pics go to resource 204 and 205, and the rest are 215 and 214.  I could be wrong on which resource numbers, but you can cut down Yztoolbar themes for Shell32.dll bitmaps easily

yes, you can (Y)

the only problem i currently have is that i get a white background when converting the png's to bitmaps...

• 4 years later...

stefanka show how:

You must make it with 32bit Alpha Transparents.

For this you need GIF Moviegier. Creat a Toolbar in Photoshop-safe it as PSD and open it withGif Moviegier and save it as Filmstrip with Alphachannel.

or:

Just a quick note: to cheat and get 32bit BMP images without any additional software, all you need is something which can save as transparent PNG files, like Photoshop/Gimp/basically any graphics editor worth its salt. Anyway, save your image as a PNG file, and then open it in MSPaint. Save the file again as a 24bit BMP. It actually gets saved as a 32bit bitmap file. Works like a charm.

source: NeoWin