[suggestions] Apple's Itunes For Windows

Options to turn off the damn Ipod helper service for those of us who don't use ipods.

OGG suppt

WMA suppt

MP3Pro suppt

Better MP3 codec

Less crap in their music buying pages

Lose the sucky toolbar

make it easy to add decent plugins

Unless most of these happen I'll keep using what I already have. As it stands, I use it for a short time then switch back to foobar. I spend a lot more time playing music than buying it and, really, itunes isn't that good a player.

I know everyone's excited, but some of the crap I've read in here... <_<

Originally posted by Duckie@Oct 17 2003, 09:59 PM

To get rid of choppy sound, read this article...

http://www.travelbrains.com/techsupport/#Problem4

Sweet!!!

Duckie, THANK YOU! TO everyone experiencing some skipping in itunes or qt while processing and playing at the same time, this fix will solve it, just put the waveout in the sound out QT panel and voila, im processing at 100% (ripping music) while playing and theres absolutely NO SKIPPING or anything of that sort!

If i hover over yzdock for a couple of times it will skip just a tad but thats ok since i dont passmy mouse over yzdock 10 times continuosly ever HAHAHA

Cheers

anyone notice anything different in the brushed bg? I thought there was something wrong with it and i compared it to stevie bm's wmp skin. Apple gave us almost a metalic old white and dying brushed color! :rant: Instead of the new one.

It'd be cool if someone could mod the thing and change the bg back to the normal one. :D

Originally posted by Flarex@Oct 18 2003, 02:08 PM

anyone notice anything different in the brushed bg? I thought there was something wrong with it and i compared it to stevie bm's wmp skin. Apple gave us almost a metalic old white and dying brushed color!  :rant: Instead of the new one.

It'd be cool if someone could mod the thing and change the bg back to the normal one. :D

I hate to tell you this, but I think my skin's actually at fault - Binary had to make the brushed aluminium background darker than the real thing so that the highlighting didn't look too "washed out"...

I've compared iTunes/Win and iTunes/Mac side by side, and they look pretty damn' close to me...

@Duckie - thanks for the link - that fixed my only problem with iTunes/Win... It's now officially my default media player... Now to put all my album art into my tracks. That could take a while - I have 35Gb of mp3s :blink:

Since I see people wanting Ogg Vorbis support and I didn't mention it in here. Check out this guide I made to get it working:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.php?s...?showtopic=7760

I have been using it for my Oggs and it works great, although it does respond slowly when changing songs. So don't be afraid to use it if you need Ogg support, I think its a good solution for now. Hopefully someone can come up with a better Ogg component for Quicktime that loads Oggs smoothly and such. Although Apple might already be at work on one for the next iTunes update.

Originally posted by Overlord@Oct 18 2003, 01:57 PM

Since I see people wanting Ogg Vorbis support and I didn't mention it in here. Check out this guide I made to get it working:

http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.php?s...?showtopic=7760

I have been using it for my Oggs and it works great, although it does respond slowly when changing songs. So don't be afraid to use it if you need Ogg support, I think its a good solution for now. Hopefully someone can come up with a better Ogg component for Quicktime that loads Oggs smoothly and such. Although Apple might already be at work on one for the next iTunes update.

Yeah, works great for me...

I'd like to see some of you with audio experience tackle some of the other plugins for this and convert them to Quicktime.

then, problem solved.

Originally posted by xfodder@Oct 18 2003, 01:01 AM

maybe the reason apple chose not to make itunes for windows look like the mac version is because they still want people to 'switch' over to mac, so they give you a taste and if you want more make the leap.

just a thought

The semi-luna title bar appeals to more people than skin freaks like us... Many people hate apple and their look, to them it is bad enough that it is brushed metal. I think tt is great that the title bar is the way it is.

Originally posted by dav@Oct 19 2003, 03:01 AM

The semi-luna title bar appeals to more people than skin freaks like us... Many people hate apple and their look, to them it is bad enough that it is brushed metal. I think tt is great that the title bar is the way it is.

Ur right!

I was reading some comments on wincustomize about iTunes and pple kept saying how DISCUSTING brushed metal looks like :blink: :rant: !!! They`re crazy! :rant: macTunes is the best looking program there is! :6

use http://www.mega-search.net/ to find covers.

dragging the album art actually stores the pic in the id3 tag.

to get it in the whole album. select everything, right click, get info, double click on artwork and browse to your album art pic.

also

Google is your freind.

But I warn you ALL

Only use 200x200 pics, otherwise you will see a dramatic increas in file size.

I had a 1200x1200 album cover for an 80's compilation I have, and it lost me 400mb in space after I applied it to all the songs.

Finally

go to amazon.com search for the artist album, and once in that page you click over the album cover to see a bigger version:

For example, for 50cent:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=music&n=507846

Then click in the cover, and it will take you here:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000084T...01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Then drag the picture to the cover area in itunes, and it will be added.

Originally posted by Flarex@Oct 18 2003, 05:08 AM

anyone notice anything different in the brushed bg? I thought there was something wrong with it and i compared it to stevie bm's wmp skin. Apple gave us almost a metalic old white and dying brushed color!  :rant: Instead of the new one.

well stevie's great skin is actually too dark. But yeah, the winiTunes and the MaciTunes are actually based on the same colors. I might be mistaken, so for this job i'll use my mac to verfiy if its true.

i'll get a screenshot of the real itunes and the frozen itunes. ^_^

But im very confident it is the color theme differences between macs and pc monitors. :smartass: soon to be updated.