[release] Automate Sysfile Modding

Originally posted by schaggo@Jan 4 2004, 04:34 PM

oh guys:

RTFM

I know, this isn't very polite, but everything is written down. everything is described very well in the readme and it fukking isn't hard to get what to do! argh...  :rant:

dude pull your head out of your ass !! all i wanting to know if i had to put the Folder with the Outlook express files and dills if you cant give me the info them Screw u and move the hell on you damn troll :rant:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about running COPY.CMD and checking the _IN folder out? what about checking where the script puts the original files to? a bit imagination, please. but to quote the _readme.txt:

copy.cmd - Copies moddable files from your Windows and Program Files directory to the _IN folder
so obviously this makes an example of all files batchmod is able to mod and at the same time an example of the folder structures
extract.cmd - Extracts Resources from all files inside the _SOURCE folder.
obviously replaces everything existing in the _IN and _SOURCE folders. what about checking the _OUT folder and open the files with RESHACK and having a look if the icons got replaced? no, to much work, posting at aqua-soft is easier...

edit://I'm sorry, I was watching TV... you have to run the MODIFY.CMD first and then check the _OUT folder out <_<

Originally posted by DarkVageta@Jan 4 2004, 10:47 PM

dude pull your head out of your ass  !! all i wanting to know if i had to  put the  Folder with the  Outlook express  files and dills if you cant  give me  the info them Screw u and move the  hell on  you damn  troll  :rant:

Wow, wow, wow :blink:

Do you know that this post is the straight way out of this community? I remember some of your last posts, you seem to be rude and ranting at everyone. Please calm down. There is really no excuse for you to write such agressive things.

Besides shaggo was quite right.

Say 'I'm sorry' and come here :hug:

Nice to see everything is okay (Y)

I think that your problem appears because of some apps running in the background. Close samurize, desktopx, dock, windowfx, internet explorer - all apps use dlls that batchmod can't replace when they are in use.

Also check if you don't have like 2MB of free space at C: (Batchmod uses this partition as a temp folder).

:hug: Peace people!

Originally posted by Pe7er@Jan 5 2004, 04:39 PM

Nice to see everything is okay (Y)

I think that your problem appears because of some apps running in the background. Close samurize, desktopx, dock, windowfx, internet explorer - all apps use dlls that batchmod can't replace when they are in use.

Also check if you don't have like 2MB of free space at C: (Batchmod uses this partition as a temp folder).

:hug: Peace people!

that worked THX !!!

now wheres the freaking theme

Yes it is safe to dlete files in batchmod folders, although it's better to zip the contents of _OUT folder - when you reinstall your windows just unzip them back and run 'replace.cmd' and, as they say in France, 'voila'! :D

What do you mean by 'how do i do the Outlook expresss'? Explain it. ;)

Originally posted by Pe7er@Jan 6 2004, 03:50 AM

Yes it is safe to dlete files in batchmod folders, although it's better to zip the contents of _OUT folder - when you reinstall your windows just unzip them back and run 'replace.cmd' and, as they say in France, 'voila'! :D

What do you mean by 'how do i do the Outlook expresss'? Explain it. ;)

i mean the Outlook express it in a foulder on its own . do i need to put the files in the _source folder like i did with the other files ?

I guess you're talking of the StefanKa systemfiles set...

it's selfexplanatory (selfexplanory? hm? where's my english gone..?) if you do as I said and have a look in the _IN folder. there isn't a subfolder anywhere (except resources) so if you're a bit, just a little little bit smart you can guess that there shouldn't be any folders in _SOURCE as well. so what do you combine? Sherlock Holmes would say: Ah... everything in one folder, very good! got it?

Originally posted by schaggo@Jan 6 2004, 11:27 AM

I guess you're talking of the StefanKa systemfiles set...

it's selfexplanatory (selfexplanory? hm? where's my english gone..?) if you do as I said and have a look in the _IN folder. there isn't a subfolder anywhere (except resources) so if you're a bit, just a little little bit smart you can guess that there shouldn't be any folders in _SOURCE as well. so what do you combine? Sherlock Holmes would say: Ah... everything in one folder, very good! got it?

look pal im sick of your smart comments !! IM SOO DAMN SORRY i had a problem if you cant explain it with out adding you amart ass comments then please STFU !

Originally posted by DarkVageta@Jan 6 2004, 12:50 PM

look pal im sick of your smart comments !!  IM SOO DAMN SORRY  i had a problem if you cant explain it with out  adding you amart ass comments then please STFU !

I have to agree. Sorry, but you come off as an arrogant ass - maybe not your intention, therefore the apology.

Originally posted by lynchknot@Jan 6 2004, 04:14 PM

I have to agree. Sorry, but you come off as an arrogant ass - maybe not your intention, therefore the apology.

oo i come off as an ass but he can leave little smart ass remarks like that NICE !! :blink::rolleyes: :rant: . he didnt have to leave a smart ass comment liek that

all he had to do was leave me the info i needed with out his smart ass remarks .

Originally posted by DarkVageta@Jan 6 2004, 04:20 PM

oo i come off as an ass but he  can leave little smart ass remarks like that  NICE !!  :blink:  :rolleyes:  :rant: . he didnt have to  leave a smart ass comment liek that

all he had to do was leave me the info i needed with out his smart ass remarks  .

hahaha you have anger issues. I remember PM'ing you about posting the same screenshot and bashing people for posting text in the desktops thread and you got a tad bit fresh with me. Life is short man, enjoy it and get the gernade out of the colon.

hi!

i've downloaded batchmod, and those 2 programs. i've extracted those programs to the directory tools/"respective". My windows is XP, Portuguese and does not have that SP1 everyone talks about, i think. it says 2002 version...

can i use this anyway?

do i have to download anything else to replace the sys files and make them look like MAC?

thanks ;)

Originally posted by redliquid@Jan 10 2004, 05:09 AM

hi!

i've downloaded batchmod, and those 2 programs. i've extracted those programs to the directory tools/"respective". My windows is XP, Portuguese and does not have that SP1 everyone talks about, i think. it says 2002 version...

can i use this anyway?

do i have to download anything else to replace the sys files and make them look like MAC?

thanks ;)

I think that you can use it. If anything goes wrong just put in the windows installation cd, let it autorun and choose Automated System Recovery from the setup.

AFAIK this tool is complete and you need nothing more than is mentioned in readme. Replacer & Reshack will do. Go for it :lol: