• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
If you have a multimedia keyboard with Play, Stop, etc. buttons, you've probably noticed that those keys only work if the iTunes window is the active window.

this plugin fixes it :D

You should put it in C:Program FilesiTunesPlug-Ins :)

Dude your awsome!! Just what i need so i don't tab out during a raid of WoW, " AFK iTunes "

Hey, plugin sometimes doesn't work if you put it in x:program filesitunesplugins

Instead, try to put it into:

x:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiTunes Plug-ins

and, on a safe side, here:

x:Documents and SettingsAll usersApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiTunes Plug-ins

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

worked thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was really quite rude to make us have to register to download this essential iTunes plugin... I use it on my main computer as if it were part of iTunes itself. I don't know where I got it if I didn't register here before though... (is that a new thing, needing to register?)

Anyway, for those of you who also believe it's quite a ripoff to have people need to register, and since that plugin is now deemed "abandonware" (since it was last updated in 2003), I hosted it elsewhere for all to enjoy:

hostfile.org/mmKeys.dll

(view the stats of that file at hostfile.org/viewfile.php?file=mmKeys.dll)

Incredibly, it still works with the most recent version of iTunes. Now that's portable code. :D

(edit: By the way, it's "plug-ins", not "plugins", for the folder name under Program FilesiTunes.)

I was hopeful, put the dll file in all the folders mentioned, but no success. I read the rest of this thread for any glimmer of hope... I saw some mention somewhere of Mode 2... I'm assuming that's something different. Also, when I go to View, then Visualizer, it shows Global Multimedia Keys checked. I tried unchecking that too, without success.

HP Multimedia Keyboard, Window Media Center, Itunes 7.6.2.9 (HP)

Rolled back keyboard driver too.

Any ideas would be appreciated, but I understand not likely, since it seems to be working for most others.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much!! Just what im looking for!

I know this is an old thread but the plug-in still works with iTunes 7.6.2.9!!!

Put into the folder C:Documents and SettingsxxxxxxApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiTunes Plug-ins

The folder was already there so just paste the .dll in there, restart iTunes and use your media keys properly!!! =D

• 2 weeks later...