• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys,...

Edit: n/m

Portugese huh?

See if you can explain this to me. A Brazillian friend once said to me, that there was a Brazillian saying, for something like "Becareful, don't make a fool of yourself"... Literally it meant, "becareful, don't burn your film."

He said it was something like, "Kemar au filme", but I forgot...

Any one from Brazil in here who can explain this?

~TD

In Brazil, when someone says "Não vá queimar seu filme (Don´t go burn your film - film, like photographic film), is exactaly like "Don´t make a fool of yourself". Is just a saying we told to someone that is about to do something that will make him look like a ridiculous fool in the eyes of everyone.

It´s just related to the fact that, when you burn a film (overexpose it to the light) you make a bad picture... when you do something ridiculous on front of ppl (overexpose yourself in the light) you burn you film, you make a bad picture of yourself.

Well... sorry for my poor english, i hope it helped.

Been so busy didn't even see this (damn life)

THREEDRIVES!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

AWESOME WORK MI AMIGO!

Truely an awesome VS, proud to have been apart of it.

Thank You for your release, and your hard work, and all the hard work of everybody involved. Truely a masterpiece.

:D

(not from Germany, just a net name after Matthias Grunewald, a Germ. Renn. Painter)

(Y)

Originally posted by MartinGy2k@Jan 15 2004, 07:51 PM

3Drives, I love the theme! Would you mind making a variation with borders? I'm not too fond of shadows, and it don't look right without shadows with no borders.

Just asking, no problem if you don't want to do it. It is a great theme either way.

I would love to see that happen! 'Cause not all people tend to use a shadowing app...

Otherwise it's a great theme and I'm using it right now, allthough it would look much better with borders. ;)

Hint!

If you noticed that text sometimes doesn't fit in the button. Open regedit go to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/FontSubstitutes" and change values in strings "MS Shell Dlg" and "MS Shell Dlg 2" to "Lucida Sans Unicode". Lucida Sans Unicode is in the theme package.

Show me a theme that does skin those buttons...

(Y)

AFAIK, it's an XP defect, as Luna doesn't even skin that, and I have not found any other theme that does.

As for some people wanting borders, I don't know. This theme is meant to be a theme that gets as close as possible to panther. What I'm saying is if I have time I'll do it.

PPS:// all those people that pm'ed me, I will answer your questions, don't worry.

~TD

Three Drives: Thanks for clearing things up! ;) I didn't know that.

One question though: What is the font you're having in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes" in strings "MS Shell Dlg" and "MS Shell Dlg 2"?

I changed the fonts accordingly to @eko013 and I got text displayed right, but still I noticed windows just got larger.. it's really annoying to me. :( Any fix to that?

Originally posted by ManInBlack@Jan 18 2004, 10:44 PM

Three Drives: Thanks for clearing things up! ;) I didn't know that.

One question though: What is the font you're having in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes" in strings "MS Shell Dlg" and "MS Shell Dlg 2"?

I changed the fonts accordingly to @eko013 and I got text displayed right, but still I noticed windows just got larger.. it's really annoying to me. :( Any fix to that?

Windows and dialogs (well most of them) resize to the used font. Lucida SU is different size then Tahoma (original font). It all depends on programs code: if windows sizes are fixed then only the content of a window gets bigger but the windows remains the same so you probably won't see the whole content.